Rainy night

Rain gets a bad rep. To George rain is the perfect excuse to stay inside and enjoy his favorite things like bingeing terrible tv shows and cuddling with his boyfriend and their cat. On the other hand, though thunderstorms are a no go. Thunder and lightening don't sit well with George. Clay, George's boyfriend, sometimes compares his reaction to thunderstorms to their cat, patches', reaction to the vacuum. This comparison is obviously not well liked by George.

Unbeknownst to George, Clay thinks his fear is the cutest thing ever. Clay takes pride in his ability to cheer George up during thunderstorms and finds his genuine reaction to Clay's cuddles absolutely adorable. He uses thunderstorms as his excuse to be overly affectionate to George which the smaller doesn't allow too often.

Tonight was no different than any other thundering night. George was busy hiding on the floor next to their L shaped couch. He claimed that the couch softened the noises of thunder. He was wrapped in a blanket and had his hands over his ears and his eyes screwed shut. Clay was over in the kitchen making him some warm tea in hopes of calming the brunette whilst also keeping an eye on him from afar. Patches was wandering between the two as if trying to pick who she wanted to cuddle with. She didn't have to make a decision as Clay quickly finished the tea and made his way over to George. He set the tea on the coffee table and turned the tv on. He then hoisted the blanket-wrapped George onto his lap as he sat down on the couch. Clay scrolled thought Netflix trying to find George favorite reality show, the great British bake off. George grumbled into his blanket and he got comfortable on top of Clay seeing was they were now laying on the couch. He snuggled into the taller as he engulfed Clay into the blanket as well. He laid down on top of Clay's stomach and turned his head to face the screen. The bake off was playing in the background as Clay raked his fingers through George's hair, successfully calming the smaller down. Patches made her way over and took a spot next to Clay's head and curled up. Clay smiled. This is what he loved. Late nights cuddling with his two favorite things in the who wide world. Just then, a crack of thunder was heard and George jumped out of his skin. He hid farther under the blanket and Clay sighed as it seemed that all of his hard work to get George calm had been thrown out the window. Clay had to admit that the thunder strike was quite loud even patches had jumped a bit. Clay snaked his hand back into the blanket and found George's hair again. Clay had learned throughout his time of being George's boyfriend that the best way to deal with this situation is wait for George to feel better. And so Clay laid there; content with his surroundings and waited for George to surface from the sea of blanket.

Eventually after many cracks of thunder, the storm seemed to be letting up. Both boys could still hear the patter of rain on the roof but the thunder had seemed to stop. George peeked out of the blanket toward Clay's face and Clay gave him a wide smile. George reciprocated and finally emerged from the warm cocoon. Clay hugged him tighter as he pressed a short kiss to the brunette's forehead making him sigh contently.

The rest of the night was spent watching shows on Netflix and sipping tea. They sat together and knew that neither of them wanted to be anywhere else in the world. These were the nights that could really show one another how much they loved each other. It was their excuse to be together in each others arms.

650 words

Short and simple. I think it's cute :)