I'm here, and I love you

"I'm serious this time, George. Get out. I can't keep doing this anymore. You don't treat me like a boyfriend; sometimes I feel like I'm your second choice." Connor said as George started to tear up.

"Second to who Connor? You're my boyfriend!" George cried

"Clay George; he's the reason this will never work. You either need to get over him or confess and not put anyone else through this pain. Goodbye." Connor said as he lightly pushed George toward the door and closed it in his face.

George was stunned.

Tears rolled down his face as his brain took the time to comprehend the situation. 'He broke up with me because of Clay?' He asked himself inside his head. 'I didn't know my feelings for Clay were so obvious. I guess my efforts of pushing them away were in vain.' George slowly walked away from the door. He didn't even need to think about where he was going. He knew his feet would take him there.

Gorge arrived at Clay's house with dried tears on his face and puffy eyes. He rang the doorbell and waited with his head held low.

"George?" Clay asked as he opened the door.

George looked up, and Clay saw the state he was in. George ran into Clay's arms and started a whole new cycle of tears.

"He broke up with me, Clay." George said into Clay's shirt. "And I don't blame him for it." George continued "I'm messed up big time. I thought it was under control, but it's been so hard."

"What's been hard, George? Tell me, maybe it'll help you." Clay said, rubbing George's back as he guided him to the couch.

"I can't tell you. It would make everything worse." George said while sitting on the couch, he pulled away from the hug and put his face in his hands.

"How so? I'm here to help you, George. No matter what it is. I'm your friend, I love you and nothing will ever change that." Clay said trying to reassure George that he could talk about anything to feel comfortable.

How George longed for the words "I love you" to be in a different context. "I just can't say. It would ruin everything between us." He sighed, wiping his cheeks.

"I promise nothing could do that. Please tell me, George. It's obviously stressing you out. If it involves me, then we can figure it out together. What is it?" Clay pressed, afraid for his friend and his emotions.

"I—" George began, but stopped himself. 'Is this really a good idea?" He asked himself. 'Am I ready to lose a friend?' He further inquired. 'But Clay said he wouldn't do that. I have to trust him. Maybe it'll all work out.'

"I love you, Clay. So much. So much that my very own boyfriend felt like he was second. I've tried to get rid of these feelings for years, but to no avail. They haven't gone away, and I don't think they ever will. I'm sorry if this is weird. I've already grown accustomed to the fact that I will probably never find love as long as these feelings exist." George finished his monologue and sat with his eyes focused on the ground. He held his breath as he waited for Clay's response.

There was a pause, and he felt like he wanted to die right then and there.

"George, I feel the same way. Thank God you said something. I would've taken my feelings to the grave." Clay answered, and George's head shot up. His eyes found Clay's and he could see the wide grin Clay was wearing.

"Really? I was so scared that this would ruin our friendship and that I would lose two people in one day." George said, letting out a breath of relief. He then smiled wide and leaned against Clay.

"Oh, George." Clay said while wrapping his arm around George. "I'll always be here. As a friend, and now something more. I promise, I'm here, and I love you."

678 words

This one is a lot short than my most recent chapters but I think it's sweet. Thank you for reading! <3