Super Dream

You would think having a superhero flirting with you would come with some brownie points but apparently all that comes from it is that it's annoying.

When Dream started saving people, I was desperate to get out there and get a good story. I mean, he can fly, he most definitely has super-human strength, and probably some other cool powers that we haven't seen yet. The best part is no one knows where he came from or who he is. That's what I'm determined to figure out.

My one dilemma is that all this guy does is flirt. Every time I ask for an interview or try to talk to him after a fight; all he does is use pick up lines and flattery to make me blush. He never answers any of my questions and it gets on my nerves.

Four weeks of chasing after him hoping to get something to put into an article. Four weeks of cheesy pick up lines and flat out embarrassment on my part. Four weeks of glaring at Dream's picture on my computer trying to decipher his deepest, darkest secrets.

"Hey George, you better get home before the rain starts. You cannot be getting sick with the new superhero story you've picked up." Clay says, passing me my 5th coffee of the night.

I grumble in semi-agreement, but I don't take my eyes off the screen.

"Guessing you're not making much progress?" Clay says leaning against my desk. I sigh and shake my head. I rub my eyes because I was definitely looking my computer for too long. I look up to see a smiling Clay and I go to turn off my computer.

As I do so, I see my screen and I look back at Clay. 'They kind of look similar.' I hypothesize in my head. I click my computer off and gather my things. 'But I mean Clay is my co-worker of three years and is completely 100% human. He can't possibly be hiding such a big secret. This man is an open book.' I conclude in my head as I stand from my chair.

"Hey George, I was wondering if you'd want to go and do something tonight? Just for fun. It's going to rain in like thirty minutes but maybe we could go see a movie or something?" Clay asked following me to the elevator.

I think about it for a little. "I don't know. I'd like to watch a movie but I don't really feel like going to a theater." I say thinking he'll just nod and we'll go our separate ways.

"Oh, well, we could go to mine and watch a movie there. I promise my living room is very cosy." He says as the elevator doors open.

'I did not expect that.' I think as I ponder on the suggestion.

"Yeah, I'd like that; I think." I say smiling as he takes my hand which is a welcome gesture and leads me to his car.

~~Clay's apartment ~~

Clay is right about his living room. It is cosy. It's warm and inviting and I feel like I could fall asleep just standing in it. In fact, the whole apartment feels like that. I had no idea Clay had such a good style for indoor home decoration.

"It's amazing in here." I say looking at all the knick-knacks on the shelves.

"Yeah, it's always nice to have a relaxing place to come back to after a whole day of battles." He says and I turn to him confused about the last word.

"Battles?" I ask

"Uh, yeah." He stutters

"Yknow, work and life just feels like a war sometimes." He chuckles, turning his back toward me and focusing on scooping ice cream for the both of us.

'Weird choice of words but but go off English major.' I think as I make myself comfortable on his soft couch. I turn the tv on and Clay makes his way over to the couch with two bowls.

"I hope you like chocolate marshmallow. It's the only flavor I had." He hands me my bowl and I smile. We scroll through movies until I suddenlly land on Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man. I immediately click on it, disregarding Clay's opinion and I curl up into my blanket.