Shopping list

"Yeah, I actually love vanilla wafers. They're my go-to snack on any given day." George said offhandedly in the call. Clay was sure it was relevant to the topic that the others were discussing, but he wasn't paying attention to them. 'Ok, I'll add that to the list.' Clay noted in his head.

~~~

"I actually prefer hot chocolate over like tea and stuff. I don't know; it's the best choice." George said as his Minecraft player ran in circles on the screen.

"I'd actually argue that coffee is more useful. It wakes you up and everything." Sapnap stated in a snobby tone.

"Coffee is so gross sap. How could you even utter those words?" George responded, disgust lacing his voice.

'No coffee, more hot chocolate. Got it.' Clay noted while laughing at the other two's antics.

~~~

"I always have pancake mix in my house. Duh. What if I have a spontaneous craving for pancakes?" George says, defending himself.

"George, that's so weird. If you have a craving, just go and get pancake mix. Or, I don't know, make them from scratch?" Clay said through his wheezes.

"No way, that's too much work. Work smarter, not harder. You've got to be prepared." George finishes.

'Ok, so pancake mix is a must.' Clay notes.

~~~

"Clay!"

"George! I'm so glad you're here. This meet up has been prolonged for like ever. It's so nice to have you here." Clay sighed as he hugged George tightly.

"It's great to be here with you." George replied, accepting the hug in full force.

~~~

"Clay, can we watch a movie tonight?" George asked, plopping on Clay's bed like it was his own.

"Yeah, sure, any other requests?" Clay answered, looking up from his phone.

"Hot chocolate?" George responds

"Yup. There's some instant in the pantry." Clay smiled. 'Good thing I went shopping last week.' He thought

"Whoa Clay. You have like all of my favorite foods in here. Where'd you get all these from? Some of these brands are specifically British too." George asked as Clay followed him into the pantry.

"I got them for you. I wanted to make sure you felt right at home." Clay said, grabbing the hot chocolate mix stuff.

"I don't remember telling you I liked this stuff." George said, picking up the vanilla wafers as well.

"Well, maybe I listen more than you thought." Clay said as he walked into the kitchen.

George stood in the pantry for a second and smiled at the thought of Clay taking notes about his favorite foods and getting them just to make him happy.

He walked into the kitchen, where Clay was pouring milk into glasses. On the counter was a slightly worn slip of paper that read:

Shopping list:
Cheese sticks
Ice cream sandwiches
Vanilla wafers
Golden apples
Hot chocolate powder stuff(no coffee)
Lemonade
Pancake mix(for George's cravings)

This made George's heart warm at his friends' attention to detail and focus on him. It made George feel special in a way. Crazy what a simple little thing like specifying groceries can do.

513 words

Hopefully this makes sense, but I thought the idea was super cute. As always, thank you for reading! <3