Desk Doodles

Clay sat in his math class, bored out of his mind. Winter break had just ended and no one wanted to be in school. Not even the teachers. To combat this boredom Clay began to doodle on his desk. He drew some little ghosts and a flower with the sun shining down on it. He wrote a small 'have a good day' underneath the stem of the flower and smiled. The bell rang and he left his drawings on the desk which he assumed would be gone by tomorrow.

Clay walked into his math class the next day. He trekked to his desk in the very back corner and saw his drawings had not been erased like he thought. In fact, they had been added to. There was now a tree with a swing and a little witch next to the ghosts. Under the roots of the tree 'you too! I love your ghosts' was written. Clay took it upon himself to give the witch a broom and a cat. He also added apples to the tree and a girl sitting on the swing beneath the branches. He finished by writing 'Math sucks. Doodling is better.' under the swing.

Later that month, Clay walked into his math class with a little enthusiasm. He was excited to see what his doodling buddy had added today. He saw they had started a whole new scene with a ufo and a cow. 'Math does suck. Aliens are cooler. Would you come with me if I got abducted?' Was waiting for him in the middle of the desk. He tried his best to draw the millennium falcon next to the ufo and wrote 'totally . That would make life a little more exciting. Way better than sitting in this math class.' He also included some math terms that he crossed out sporadically. As he left the room Clay wondered who this other people could be? Would he really go along with them?

Clay was nervous today. He had been out of math yesterday for an appointment so Clay had skipped doodling. He hoped his partner had assumed he was done with the doodles. He saw a poorly drawn Chewbacca next to his millennium falcon holding a light saber. Along the handle was written 'let's get abducted together' on the other side of the desk he also saw a little sad face and a note: 'done doodling? Has math captured your attention?' Clay frowned and circled the sad face. He wrote: 'never. I was out of class but I hope this makes up for it' he then drew a castle with a drawbridge and everything. He wrote alongside one of the turrets 'Will you be the knight/princess/king/queen/prince to my castle?'.

Clay sat at his desk and searched the desk for a new doodle. He found a trail of what he assumed were some kind of pebbles creating a path from the drawbridge to the side of the desk. It went off the edge and Clay had the revelation to look on the underside of the desk. He discreetly dropped his pencil and look under the desk. He saw a string of numbers and underneath it was written 'just in time for Valentine's Day huh? Of course I'll be your prince if you're my knight. I don't think I'm cut out for knightly duties.' Clay sat back up and turned his focus to the board. During the entire lesson his eyes drifted to the clock waiting for the bell to ring. He needed the class to end so he could copy down the phone number on the bottom side of the desk. When it finally did, Clay dropped to the ground and copied the number into his phone. He decided not to wait to text them seeing as they'll be doodling on the desk later. So, he typed out his message.

"What shall I call you, my prince?"

After a few minutes, Clay got a reply.

"George is fine, good sir. I do hope you protect my castle well."

Clay smiled wide at this as he sat in his English classroom. He changed the contact name to Prince George with a red heart.

Little did he know his prince was behind him trying to find the right moment to reveal himself.

~~707 words~~

I'm going to leave this one here. A little cliffhanger and you guys can have your own ending. In all honesty, I didn't know how to end it so here we are. I'm glad you guys liked the last chapter as well. It was really fun to write. Thanks for reading <3