Crush Culture (part 2)

I feel like I'm in a rom com. I mean, I'm waiting for my hot crush to finish sports practice so we can do our project and hang out is HIS house. Am I a main character?
Anyway I'm currently sitting on the bleachers trying to get at least get some homework done while Clay is out there doing lacrosse stuff. I'm currently finding it a little hard to get anything done because this man looks so good doing anything. I know nothing about lacrosse but I do know that Clay looks damn good playing it. I don't think I'm going to be doing much work at all today.
Clay's practice ends and he texts me to meet him outside of the locker rooms so we can walk to his car together. Let me just say that waiting outside of those locker rooms is the worst thing ever. All his lacrosse teammates come out before him(of course) and give me the weirdest look like a stalker or something. Do I really look like someone who'd follow their crush to a locker room and wait for them to come out? Wait. That sounds exactly like me. Oops.
Just then Clay makes his way out of the locker room. He had all his stuff with him and he still looks a little sweaty. Kinda gross but maybe just a bit attractive. "Hey, do you want me to carry something." I say noticing the duffel bag and the back pack he's carrying as well as a sweatshirt and some sort of stick bag thing.(idk) "Uh yeah, thanks. Can you take these?" He says handing me the sweatshirt and his backpack. "Yeah, no problem." I say as I follow him to his car. He opens the trunk and throws his stuff in as I make my way to the passenger seat. We both climb into the car and I rest his and my backpack on my lap. "You can throw those in the back seat if you want." He says as he turns around to back out of the parking space. (Yknow when they look back and put their arm on passenger head rest. Iykyk) Hot is all I can think in the 4 seconds of him doing that. "Oh um, no they're fine here." I say as he faces front again and pulls out of the parking lot. Oh my god. I'm actually in his car. I'm going to his house. He's right next to me. I'm holding his sweatshirt. I have to spend a number of hours with him tonight. Could something happen?
No, no don't be stupid George. You're going to work on your project and everything will be cool and calm just like any other school related thing.

We pull into his driveway and I pick up both backpacks and head for the door. Clay gathers his stuff and closes the trunk of his car. I hear the door open a squeal is immited into my ear. "Oh my gosh! Clay you finally brought a guy home!" A girl standing in the doorway of the house says with pure excitement. Huh? Is this Clay's sister? Why is she excited that Clay brought me over? Does she think we're dating? Oh no. That's embarrassing. "Dris, would you please keep the embarrassing comments to yourself." Clay sighs as he makes his way to the door. I kind of stand off to the side and let him pass me as he makes his way into the house. "What's his name? Is he the one you've been talking about? Oh, he's so cute. You've got good taste, Clay." she says as all three of us walk into the living room of the house. " Dris, we aren't dating. His name is George and he's here to work on a project." Clay states though his cheeks are a little flushed. I wonder why? "Ohhhhh. So he's the infamous George!" She says turning back to me. I'm so confused right now. Why would I be infamous? Why does she recognize my name? She beams a giant smile at me and I form a hopefully not awkward smile back. "Ahem, Dris, can you leave us alone. We're going to go do our project in my room now." Clay says and he heads to the stairs, not waiting for me to follow. "Just so you know, he talks a lot about you." Dris says softly as I turn to follow Clay. "I think you'd make a cute couple, but that's just my opinion." She smirks and turns the other direction to which Clay went. Huh? I climb the stairs, Clay is nowhere in sight and I don't know the layout of this place. Which freaking door am I supposed to open? This one? I open the door and it's an empty room with minimal decorations. Probably a guest room. I walk a little further and try another door. I open this one and I am met with forest green walls and led lights. I'm going to assume this is Clay's. I don't know, it kind of screams high school boy. Not in a bad way though. He has very good taste. I walk into the room and set the bags down. I hear the shower running in the connected bathroom and assume that Clay is in there. He did just have lacrosse practice. I take a seat on the foot of his bed and just think. What did Dris mean by that? Does she really think we'd be good for each other? I mean I think so too but that's just the crush talking. And Clay talks about me? What does he say? What does he think about me? Hopefully it's good things.
The door to the bathroom suddenly opens and Clay walks out, thankfully fully clothed, but with dripping wet hair. Thank you, heavens above for this beautiful sight. I find myself staring and I can't stop. He's so hot. I have such good taste in men. "Hey, you good? Can you get your computer out so we can start on the presentation?" Clay says ruffling his hair with a towel as he walks closer. He picks up is backpack and grabs a folder from his desk. "Yeah I'm good. I found a nice format to use for the presentation and I emailed *insert teachers name here* about lab times." I says signing into my computer. "Oh! That's what I forgot to do today! I was going to talk to him after class but you're one step ahead of me. It's nice to have a punctual lab partner for once." He says with a goofy grin. I smile and nod. I can feel the blush on my face. I hope it's not too noticeable.

The night has gone smoothly so far. Working with Clay has become increasingly easier and I'm definitely finding myself to be more comfortable around him. I think Clay can relate to that seeing as we are both laying on his bed, inches from each other, "working" on this project. I must admit, we haven't gotten far. We seem to keep getting sidetracked with little stories and getting to know each other. It's actually really fun. "Hey do you want to go get ice cream or something?" Clay suddenly asks as I type the first sentence I've typed in twenty minutes on a slide. "Uh yeah sure? Do you have a place in mind?" I says closing my laptop. "Yup, it's not too far; we can walk. It's chilly though, do you have a jacket?" He asks. I will also admit that ice cream in cold weather is not that great of an idea but it's with Clay. Which makes it a great idea. "Oh no I don't just the this sweater." I says gesturing to the thin sweater I was wearing that was most definitely not enough to for a late February night. "Here, I'll lend you one of my hoodies." Clay exclaims as he runs to his closet and chooses a big green one from the rack. He tosses it to me and I throw it on over my head. This thing is huge. I'm talking sweater paws and hanging to my thigh. I make a mental note to "forget to give it back". I smile at my new found warmth and follow Clay down the stairs. We make our way outside of Clay's house and down the sidewalk. The whole time he's babbling about his sister and how, in the summer, they'd come to this ice cream place and order the same thing every time and always get into a fight about ice cream flavors. We laugh and joke all the way to the store, which wasn't far. He opens the door for me, like the gentleman that he is, and I step inside. The vibe of the store was very quaint. It was small but you could tell it was popular. It gave off a small town hangout spot aura that I very much enjoyed. "Hey guys, how can I help you?" The person behind the desk said as we walked closer to the counter. "Hi, can I get two scoops of rocky road in a cup, please?" Clay said immediately. "And George....." he left open for me to place my order. "Um, I'll get one scoop of french vanilla and one scoop of raspberry in a cup please." I finish. "Hm, fruity flavors?" He says with a playful smirk. "Ok, Mr jokster." I laugh as we take our ice cream from the employee. We walk outside into the crisp air and start to eat our ice cream. "So, why do you get rocky road?" I ask as Clay is chowing down. "Oh I don't know; it's just a superior flavor. Far better than cookies and cream." He snaps with a chuckle. "Let me guess, Dris gets cookies and cream?" I say "Ugh, yes. I don't know how she puts up with the grainy texture of the cookie. It makes the ice cream feel weird. And the taste doesn't make up for it." He complains slowing his consumption of his ice cream. "Hey, do you want to try mine?" He says picking a bit of rocky road up with his spoon. "Sure, it must be good if you get it all the time." I take the spoon into my mouth and eat the chuck of ice cream. "Wow, that its pretty good!" I say licking my lips, freeing them from melted ice cream. Clay went quiet as he guided his spoon back to his cup. "Hey, what's up?" I ask nudging him with my elbow. "It's nothing; I'm just s little confused." He says shaking his head. "About what?" I push. "Well, today we've been hanging out and it's been the best night, the first good one in a while actually, and I don't know. You're a really great friend but I think I see you as something more." He says shakily. What? What did he just say? Ohhhh it's happening. Alarm bells are going off in my head. What do I do. I can't sit here like a complete idiot. "I.. uh" STOP STUTTERING. Oh my gosh, this chance is going to be thrown out the window. "Sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable. I just wanted to be honest. I think I've liked you since first semester started but we didn't really talk." Clay says as he fidgets with his hands. I grab them and hold them firmly. "I like you too. I've had a crush on you for forever. It's actually really embarrassing and I can't believe my saying this. You're not making me uncomfortable and I'm really happy you're being honest with me." Clay face lit up as he smiles wide as I say this. "That makes me so happy." He says as his hand strays from mine and cups my face. Ice cream is now sat on the curb, ignored as our faces inch closer together. This is it. I really am a main character. Our lips touch and it's perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

2011 words

Okkkk this was way longer than I thought it was going to be. It's 100% cliche and I love it. As always thank for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Ps: this is not a formal book at all. I update when I feel like it. I'm sorry if there are big gaps between chapters and stuff like that. Just thought I, myself, would be honest. Thanks <3