EP 5

"-leave this place and find Sheriff. Don't look back"

---

It's been years since the downfall. Dr. Christoff had successfully taken down the Project Nexus. With both the project and Director Phobos gone, Nevada seem to live on with freedom. No strict rules used against them anymore. No more punishment.

Though, crimes have rapidly increasing each month. New factions have been made, more deaths, more abandoned places. Hell, the food have become more harder to find due to bandits hunting them all down.

"Hey uh, where do you want us put these?", a grunt asked, interrupting the man's train of thought. They were holding it with the other grunt (who looked like they are struggling at the moment).

"Oh, sorry. You can put it in that corner there"
Cy pointed his pen over to the direction, showing them where to put the mattress at. He turned around and left the room to the grunts. 

The day he found Sheriff, he was a bit skeptical. Why does he need to find him in first place? A.. cowboy who seem to not have much status. Who seem to be a coward. Though, he trust his friend. Dr. Christoff (known as 'Jebus' now) know him more than Cy.

It took a bit of time, but Sheriff was a patience man. Cy warmed up to the southerner quickly than he thought. 

Sheriff had been there, giving him both shelter and food. Even comfort to the ex-scientist. Those past few months, the man have done nothing but helping him out. Hell, even offer him a workplace.

And Cy took it with no hesitation.

"Howdy, Cy!"

He heard the cowboy greeted him. He turned to him and waved, throwing him a smile. "Hello, sir. What brings you down here?", he asked.

"Drop the formality, Cy! Just checkin' up on y'all. How's everythin'?", Sheriff looked around, everyone seem busy.

"Oh, well. I just told the guys back there to place the mattress. That's all", he replied. Cy looked down to his clipboard. He stared at it for awhile before looking back up to Sheriff. He missed the euphoric feeling when he gets great results on his experiments. He missed being in Science Tower, though he'll never admit it out loud. To him, it feels like he liked being controlled by the dictator.
"A lot of people are buying them"

"That's good then! Question: are ya free later?"

The man nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

"Let's get a lunch together. I got somethin' to talk to y'all. It's.. important"