EP 5.5

Cy awkwardly tapped his fingers together as he looked around. The diner was quite empty despite how popular the restaurant is. He looked over to his friend, who is still checking out the menu.

"So, uh. What do you want to talk about, Sheriff?", he asked.

Sheriff moved the menu down slightly to look over to him. "It's 'bout you, the artifact.. the past", he replied in a quiet tone. "That's why I said it's important 'n all"
He looked down to the menu again.

The ex-scientist froze. "Oh. Uhm- Me?? I swear I didn't-"

"No no, doll. It's not 'bout the workplace. Y'all doin' great out there", he quickly interrupted. "People are looking for you. And they want you since you worked for the late director"

Cy avoided his eyes as he moved his hand to scratch his neck. "Ya still have the drive, right? I mean, of course since Jebus only trusted y'all with it. But.. just to make sure", Sheriff muttered to him while he set the menu down on the table. "Uh, yeah. Still have it with me", the man nodded.

"I need y'all to get away from here. It's not safe for you anymore. Someone found out what the drive contains and they want it for somethin'. I'm not sure what it is but it sounds-"

"Are you two ready to order?"

They both turned their head to the waiter. It looked a bit enthusiastic. 

"I'll have burger with slice of apple pie as side dish, please", Sheriff smiled at him. Cy tilted his head to the side slightly, thinking. "Burger and fries only", he responded.

"Alright, I'll be right back!", the man said then left to go to the kitchen.

They turned back to each other. "As I was sayin', it sounds dangerous. Jebus suggested for ya to leave the industry in few days"

Cy sighed. "Will you at least go with me?", he asked under his breath. Sheriff placed his hand on top of Cy's free hand. He gave it a squeeze.

"Sorry, doll. I got a place to run and people to take care. They need me here"