EP 6

It's been days since his conversation with Sheriff. His words repeated in his head like a broken record. Cy tried to distract himself from it but whenever he goes to bed, it comes back.

"Good mornin', doll- Woah! What in tarnation happened to you?"

Sheriff walked over to the tired man and places his hand on his shoulder gently. The man only sighed. "Sorry, I just got a lot on my mind this past few days"

"Come on now. Let's get y'all some fresh air", he said as he moved his hand down to hold Cy by his arm instead. He carefully dragged him out of the building.

-

It was 6 in the morning by the time they arrived at the park. They sat down on nearby bench and stared off to the distance. It was still dark and cold, though they think it's nicer around this time.

"Mind sharing your thoughts, partner?", Sheriff asked, breaking the silence. He turned to the side to look over to Cy. The man only shuddered at the breeze.

"I guess I just can't stop thinking about the.. lunch", he muttered. He avoided looking at Sheriff, knowing it would be harder to be honest. "Just makes me think how I ended up in this situation and how much I don't want to leave the industry, you know?"

Cy scratched his hands slightly, getting a bit uncomfortable. "I really like working with you guys. Plus I don't even know where I'm gonna go. I don't have a place, Sheriff"

The cowboy thought for awhile. He turned to look over the horizon as he do so. Then, he had an idea.

"I have a place by the border. Why not just stay over there instead?"

That made Cy looked at him. "What?"

"Ya heard me, doll. Just stay at my place. It's far away from here and it's in a town so if anythin' happens, there are people willin' to help ya out"

He smiled. "Thanks, Sheriff. I appreciate it a lot", he muttered as he laid his head on Sheriff's shoulder. Sheriff threw his arm over his shoulder gently, pulling him closer. "No need to thank me"

They watched the sun rise together in silence.