EP 8

Cy hummed as he threw his duffel bag over his shoulder. Today is the day he leave the industry.

He looked up to his board and unpin the picture then picked it up to examine it.
It's a picture of him with Sheriff and the other grunts.

It was taken on the day they're sending the two grunts away. He wasn't sure where since Sheriff prefer to keep the details hidden.

Cy folded the picture and put it in his pocket before turning to the door.

He placed his hand on the door knob and turned it, pulling the door open. He look at his room one last time then stepped out.

-

"So, this town, huh?"

"Yup. Y'all just gotta follow the river", Sheriff tapped his finger on the map. "It'll take you at least 2 days to get there but hey, 'least y'all can camp"

"Sweet", Cy muttered sarcastically. He's not big fan of camping much.

"We'll make sure you arrive there safe so Comet will accompany y'all this whole ordeal", he moved to the side a bit to let the engineer walk in.

The ex-scientist raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms. "I'm not travelling with that guy"

"C'mon, man! It was only one time I exploded your lab", Comet rolled his eyes at him. He placed his hands on his hips.

"And you ruined almost everything in there. You're lucky boss even let you off"

Both men glared each other, refusing to back up. Sheriff sighed and stood between them. He placed his hands on their shoulders. Cy and Comet turned to him.

"That's enough. Cy, he's the only guy who's able to make sure everythin' goes perfectly. I know your terms with 'em ain't that good, but give the boy a chance", he muttered to him then smiled. "Who knows if this travel will help y'all bond"

The man looked at him for awhile. He thought about it.

Cy sighed. "Fine, just don't touch anything. That's it", he said in a tired tone as he gave Comet a side eye.

The engineer grinned. "Yeah yeah, I pinky promise.. yada yada. Now, let's go!"