Scared Straight.

Ashlynn's P.O.V

I could hear my brothers screams from my room downstairs. I knew they were beating him because he didn't listen. I wanted to help him but I couldn't. I knew they would murder him.. A few moments later I heard Laura. She's my mother but I'd rather be dead then give her that title.

"Ashlynn" my mother screamed from upstairs. That could only mean one thing. I'm next. I can see it now. The belt across my back or the hand across my face. But in the end I would rather be in Austin's place. I can bear him to be in this position anymore.

A few seconds later Austin let out a blood curdling scream. I knew what Andy did. I knew that Andy had once again lay out the belt across my young brothers back and there was nothing I could have done. He does it all the time... I'm just to afraid to help Him.

"Yes?" I replied glaring bsck at Laura.
"I need you to deliver this package!" She says smirking.

I let out a sigh of relief and began to yell.  "No , I will not!" I knew disobeying her was not my best option but I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't he her mule. I couldn't be the person I never wanted to be.

She smirked and the pain began. There was nothing I could do now.
I felt the sting of her slap on my face. And she had kicked my right knee in and I collapsed. Knowing it wasn't broken I hobbled to the stairs and got my belongings and ran.

I ran as far as I could with every regret that I couldn't get austin. I left the only thing that mattered behind and I couldn't have hated myself more. I left Austin. Will he hate me when we reunite. If we ever reunite.

As I ran I thought of the new life I can begin and the new life I can have with austin. How am I going to do that with no money? No place to live? Now all I can see is my life in shambles and the blur of the tears and I am scared.

I will finally admit that I am completely and utterly scared. Im scared of a new life because instern beating for absolutely nothing is the only life I ever knew. The only life that Austin ever knew and I'm scared that I will only fail and not succeed