Chicago.

Ashlynn's P.O.V

I had been running all night. I took a couple trains with the little cash I had. By morning I had finally reached Chicago. I knew my family lives here, I just don't know where. I grabbed my bags off the ground and walked the streets of Chicago. I was wearing shorts a hoodie old shoes and my hair was a mess.
The shoes I had thrown on were rugged and most definitely not good for walking. My hair hadn't been combed in days and is matted to all hell. And my clothes were worn thin and barely enough to keep me warm. God help that I dont freeze in the streets of Chicago tonight.

Kelly Severide's P.O.V

I had seen a girl walking the streets of Chicago as I stood outside.
She looked lost and was stumbling when she walked. She had shorts on and a hoodie. Her right knee looked badly bruised and she look pained. I had never seen someone so rugged looking and cold at such a young age.

"Hey?!" I shouted and ran to her..
Maybe running wasn't the best option being as shenalresdy looked scared. But I just want to help her.
"H-i-i?.." She managed to studder out.
I instantly replied with "Are you okay?"
"I'm not okay actually, my brother is at the hell hole we called home, I'm here in Chicago, I have no cash, no food. My phone is dead" she said looking at me. "I'm not even sure that I brought a charger"

I could see the tears swelling up on her face. And the look of heartbreak on her face pained me. I wasn't sure why it pained me. I had only just met her.

She began to sob and I took her in my arms. I picked her up and carried her into the fire house and the rest of the squad helped me by getting the EMT to look at her knee. They got her food and grabbed her bags off the sidewalk outside.

I didn't want to ask right now why she called her home a hell hole. Or why she was so worried about her brother. But she seemed scared. I'll ask her about it tomorrow.