The Moment of Truth

Ashs P.O.V

I stared at him in awe.. my mind raced and i couldnt find any words. I opened my mouth to speak and nothing came out. I felt stupid. What if he thinks i dont feel the same? Wait do i feel the same?

"I-I do to." I finally choked out.

I ran up to him wrapping my arms around his neck and kissed him.  In that kiss I felt love and the neglect I had felt in years passed fade beneath me. I was whole again. I was becoming something and someone and I was with my person.

You see. With all of the issues i had growing up. The abuae the lifetimes of dissapointment and always being let down, i shocked myself. To make the first move was not like me but with him I feel safe. I feel loved and wanted.

Kelly's P.O.V

"I love you" i whispered as she kissed me.

God this girl has my heart skipping a beat and butterflies in my stomach. Im a grown ass man. Why the hell am i feeling butterflies like a child?

Anyway my last relationship with Kidd ended in disaster. I guess I was to over protective. But if one of your exes guy friends come in and try to steal your girl. Wouldn't you be over protective too.

"I love you too and youre perfection" she finally said back, disrupting my thoughts...

"The only thing that is the definition of perfection here, is you my love." I replied smiling. She is my perfection.

The question I had to ask and that ive been waiting the longest time for was approaching.

"Will you be my girlfriend?." I blurted out quickly. Oh god what did I do. I know she loves me but what if she says no. What if she doesn't want fo br my girlfriend.

"I, i, yes i will" she finally stuttered out after hesitation. She hesitated. Does she not want to?

I was confused. I thought she loved me.. i thought she would eant to be with me. "Do you not want too?" I said sadly. It came out to quickly. What was I thinking?

"Its not that I dont want to," she said quietly. "Im just scared. I'm scared of being hurt and the fear of my life slipping beneath me. That I will lose everything all overagain. I cant do this. I cant lose you and everything all over again."