part 1

〜

"excuse me?"

"you heard that right. i am breaking up with you."

"but why?"

she was in shock. of course she tried to keep it cool. but truth to be told, it was too much to take in. she should've expected it sooner or later, right? but it was her first relationship. first time she allowed herself to fall in love and give her all. but maybe in the end, it was just one-sided.

"i don't think we work well together. you're too tiring."

tiring? so he viewed all of her efforts as tiring? she didn't say anything, she just blankly stared, expecting all of this to just be a really bad dream. but it wasn't.

"i think there's nothing else to say. goodbye y/n."

"so you never actually loved me...?"

just as he was about to leave, he heard her speak. such a foolish question, he thought to himself.

"love? tch you expect too much. grow up. we're just in our first year of college and we dated in high school, you thought this was love?"

"what does that have to do with this?"

"look, this wasn't love. no one asked you to take this seriously. how naive can you be?"

he was getting annoyed by her 'useless' questions. he thought his reply was a little rude but he had too much pride at that moment to even reconsider what he just said. maybe he was right. this was all her fault. for expecting too much, for giving her all and getting nothing in return. this was nothing new.

"if you have nothing else to say, i'll get going now."

with that, he left her sight, slowly disappearing into the path that looked endless and empty. no, this was not the last time she was gonna see him. they still studied in the same university after all. but things will be very different from now on.

— ☆ —

she was glad all this happened on a weekend at least. she could spend her entire day crying tomorrow in her room.

when she entered her dorm which she shared with her roommate mona, she was greeted a happy "hi!".  y/n looked up and immediately smiled back. she wasn't ready to talk about what happened to her with mona, or to anyone.

maybe she would tell her best friend, hu tao, on monday.

"what took you so long to come back?"