part 16

〜

"go on."

— flashback —

scaramouche was on his way to his unit until a girl stopped him on his tracks, preventing him to walk further, calling out to him.

he turned around and saw mona, who was panting, probably because she ran around the the entire big campus just to find him.

"i need to tell you something."

"what?" scaramouche scoffed. "i already said i don't want to talk to you."

"please! it's about y/n."

scaramouche paused, "what about y/n?"

"follow me."

he groaned, before following her to a place away from the main campus area, thinking no one would interrupt them here.

"i might've been a little harsh on y/n that day.."

"a little? think again."  he raised his eyebrows.

"okay, okay fine! maybe i did go overboard.. but i want to apologise to her."

"so? do it. why are you telling this to me?"

"because.. because i wanted to apologise to you too." mona answered, looking down. "sorry for saying all that stuff about you and making a big deal out of your relationship with her."

"...whatever. i don't really care. you should apologise to y/n, not me." scaramouche said, looking away from her.

"does that mean you'll forgive me?"

"don't get too ahead of yourself, that's for y/n to decide. you still did a wrong thing."

mona sighed. she felt relieved that at least he heard her out today instead of pushing her away for the hundredth time. talking to him made her realise he still had some kind of feelings for y/n, which he himself wasn't aware of. and it would probably be almost impossible for her to make him like her back. if only she could..

she doesn't know what came over her but she found herself suddenly throwing her arms around scaramouche, embracing in a hug.

"thank you." mona mumbled.

"w-wha— what are you doing??" scaramouche asked with a shocked and puzzled expression plastered on his face, though he didn't push her back. he somehow knew her hug had no bad intentions.