Chapter 3

Basen is currently sitting in their shared room while Cale is busy taking care of the kittens, Basen could only stare at his brothers image, an image of a caring and kind version of his hyung that he never saw nor felt in their years of being a family.

Yes, Cale did care for them and was kind and caring sometimes but, never like This, His bother is currently feeding two kittens while he wipes the crumbs on their mouth, his brothers face was gentle and loving and he can’t help but be jealous of the kittens.

“Basen., are you not going to eat some cookies? “

Basen snapped out his thoughts, he didn’t noticed that he was just plainly staring on them.

“Ah, no hyung. I’m full”

“I see”

“Umm... Hyung, I didn’t know that you like kittens”

Cale who was feeding the kittens looked back at Basen, he gave his brother a small smile and said in a very gentle tone like his reminiscing on something.

“Hmmm”

Cale closed his eyes, remembering his past life.

“I really didn’t know myself as well that I would like cats or even any animals but, I guess I do now”

He said with a small smile, Basen who saw that can’t help but ask his brother.

“Hyung, did you have a pet before?”

Cale did a thinking pose like his contemplating something.

Well in my past life I did have my horse, hawk and my blood art guardian but, my guardian didn’t really have a form since the book was damage, Oh well, I guess they are considered as pets

“Well I guess I did have pets but they are not here”

Basen was silent, he felt like he just dug a land mine.

So hyung’s pets are dead, I shouldn’t have asked

Then Cale stood up from his seat placing the kittens in Basen’s hand who had a confused face.

“I’m going somewhere you take care of them”

Cale then headed towards the door while Basen tried to chase him and explain himself.

“But hyung I don’t know how to take care of ca-“

“Bye~”

BANG

And now he's gone, leaving Basen with the kittens, Basen looked down on his arms and sigh tiredly but had a small smile on his face.

“ His so carefree but, I like this carefree hyung than the whiny one, so what do I do to you guys? “

“meow”

“meow”

.

.

A red headed man can be seen dusting his clothes with a frown.

“So irritating, that stupid book didn’t said anything that ancient powers can talk”

He then turned his head to the side looking at the grass after tidying himself.

“Hey, I can see you “

The grass flinch at his statement, the little dragon was following him and revealed itself when he thought he was in danger.

That was kind of him

“Hey, wanna come with me? “

“NO, I won’t go with you but, I’ll watch over you weird human, you do weird things and it might hurt you so be grateful that this great and mighty dragon is watching over you”

Cale just snorted at this silly kids proclamation but, he just played along with it.

“Yes, yes, Oh great and mighty dragon, since you are a great dragon can you clean me up? “

“That’s easy! “

WOOSH

A strong mana surrounded his body and clean both his skin and clothes like he didn’t even got dirty in the first places.

“Thanks”

“Hmph”

Cale just chuckled and headed back to the bustling street, on his way to the Inn he noticed a man in a wheelchair and a woman with black hair pushing the wheelchair.

Ah, that’s Taylor Stan and the crazy priestess

In the book Taylor was killed by his brother while Cage was never mentioned again but, in his past life Cage went crazy after Taylor death, she was also one of the people that helped during the war, she healed the injured allies while she cures the enemies.

A real crazy priestess indeed

In the book Taylor had the ancient power but he stole it so, he’ll just help him in a different way.

He decided, he then approached the two people while on the other hand Cage was cursing the God of Death.

“Could you shut up you annoying God!“

“Cage? “

Taylor asked his friend, his best friend was complaining  about the God of Death for the entire day and he was worried for his friend.

“That stupid God told me to follow the color red and all of our problems will be solve, ugh, just let it be, most of the things he says are bullshit anyways.”

“Alright “

Then a man’s voice rang in their ears that made the two of them shift their heads.

“If it isn’t it young master Taylor”

A red head man was talking to Taylor that made him crack his memory to know who this man is, red hair and a very rude way of speaking.

Cale Henituse

Cage frown at the sight of the rude noble man, Cage knew who this man was, there was only one person in Roan kingdom who had a red hair and was rude with no etiquette. Cage can already smell trouble, young master Cale was famous of being a trash thus she is worried for her friend that this man would make fun of him.

But both Cage and Taylor knew that they don’t have a choice, since Taylor was pushed out on his position many turned their backs on him and even insulted him openly, and she was sure this man who was famous on making trouble would do the same.

“Ah, greetings young master Cale, I didn’t know that you would be in this place as well, what might be your business here? “

Taylor said with a smile hiding his anxiety and worries, Cale who saw that face smirked, he can read all those emotions even if you gave him a fake face, he already mastered it since he was a kid and now it was too easy for him to tell what was fake and what was real.

“Oh, I just accompanied my brother on his way to the capital and was currently looking for a bar but!, I found you here loitering around “

“Oh I see”

“so what do you say young master Taylor wanna drink together”

“I don’t – “

Taylor was about to refuse but cage stopped him by answering in his steed.

“Is it your treat? “

Got you

Cale grinned wider and said in his most confident tone.

“Of course, so should we go now and find a bar? “

“Sure! “ Cage said in excitement while she pushed the dumb founded Taylor.

.

.

Its been a long time since Taylor and Cage was this relaxed and free, they have been drinking for quite a while now and they admit that they judge young master Cale to early.

Cale was really a kind person and is a straight forward man that made him sound rude, they like his company thus, they spend their time talking and getting to know each other.

“So your telling me your here for an ancient power? “

Cale asked, his face was red as his hair but, his eyes were still focused, this is one of the things Taylor and Cage discovered while being with the red head the entire time.

Cale Henituse the famous trash who easily got drunk and cause a ruckus were all a big fat lie, the Cale Henituse that is with them right now is a carefree man with a VERY high alcohol tolerance.

“Yes, young master Cale”

“Hmm... To bad its not here anymore “

“Huh”

Taylor was confused and doesn’t know what he was talking about but, gladly Cage asked.

“What do you mean by that, young master Cale”

“What I mean is that, what you are looking for is no longer here”

“Huh?? “