Chapter 11

“Disown me”

“WHAT?! “

Deruth and Violan could not believe what they just heard.

“W-what do you mean s-son? “

Deruth stutter with his trembling voice, He looks like he have seen a ghost while Violan stood there like a brick not moving an inch as the words kept repeating inside her head.

“I meant what I said”

Violan snapped out of her mind and compost her self as she lay her hand on Deruth’s shoulder.

“How about we have a seat first and talk this out? “

She offered.

“That’s right! We should talk this out Cale, come son”

Deruth tried to smile as he lead his wife and son to the couch. Both parents sat side-by-side as they face Cale nonchalantly staring back at them.

The room was silent for a while as Deruth tried to break the ice.

“Um... I’ll ask the servants to give us some snacks as we-“

“That won’t be necessary “

“... “

The room felt colder than before as silence fell again by their son’s stern words.

You could see Violan’s slight frown yet her eyes are concerned about this situation. She already knows that someday Cale would want to ask for something hard for Deruth to comply.

Yes, Deruth spoils Cale with everything. However, that does not mean Deruth could give him what he needs.

“Cale, I know that... you could still not, and would never accept me as your mother... However, I cannot fathom of the idea of you  leaving the family”

She knew Cale hated her for replacing his mother who died just a year after Deruth announce his engagement.

If she only new that Cale just lost his mother she wouldn’t accept the proposal in the first place.

“If you are worried about the succession of heir to the county, then there is no need to worry about. Your father and I already decided that you will be the successor of the county”

Violan said with calm. However, her hands clench her dress as she tried to convince Cale to stay while the young man seems like he was not impressed nor even care.

‘I need to make him stay... I already broke this family by coming into his life, I won’t let it happen again’

“It’s good that you understand what you are to me. However, there seems to be a misunderstanding here”

“What do you mean son? “

“You see, I never wanted to be heir nor do I want this county. You can give it to Basen for all I care, just disown me and things will be much easier “

Deruth could not understand what was going on inside his son’s head at all.

First, his son runaway to the capital after waking up from being beaten by a strange commoner from Harris village. That was now known as a hero in Roan kingdom that saved people from the terrorists.

Second, He bought unknown people in his house claiming they were his people who works under him and not to him the count. It was concerning as he do not know where they come from and what type of people they were. He needs to keep his family safe as the head of the family.