01

Of course Nicole couldn't miss the once vacant house being moved into. 4819 Cherry Lane would no longer be a sitting plot of land, now it would be inhabited. She only ever saw the moving truck, so she had no clue about who was going to be her new neighbor.

The Moore's have resided in 4813 Cherry Lane since before Nicole was born. The street was quiet, since most of the inhabitants on Cherry Lane were older and retiring. Nicole has been the only kid on this street for as long as she could remember. Her best friend lived on the opposite end of town, if that told you anything.

"Who do you thinks moving in?" She asked the brown haired boy as she licked the chocolate ice cream from a ice cream cone in her hand.

"Probably more old people." Steve Harrington decided.

Mr. Moore couldn't help but laugh, "they're the elderly, Steve."

"Right, right. The elderly." Steve nodded quickly making Nicole giggle.

"God this street is so boring." The girl droned out as she stepped away from her window.

"Oh I'm sorry for putting a roof over your head." Mrs. Moore came over and flicked Nicole's head causing her to whine and rub the sensitive spot.

"I'm not ungrateful I'm just bored!" She defended quickly, looking at Steve for help.

"Uh.. yeah! She's just a wild spirit Amanda! She didn't mean any harm by it." Steve tried, but Nicole only facepalmed.

"Steve, be quiet before I send you home." Amanda threatened jokingly and Steve made the motion of "zipping" his mouth shut.

Paul and Amanda had seen Steve as their own son by this point. The boy was over almost every day, if he wasn't here he was at Nancy's. They were quite surprised when they learned that Steve had a girlfriend other than Nicole. It wasn't a secret that they hoped the pair would get together. Amanda had to watch how crushed Nicole would be when Steve got a girlfriend all throughout elementary and middle school. However, just before high school started something changed.

Nicole no longer wanted the Harrington boy, let alone any boy at all. It may have been the constant overlooking of her crush, or the fact that boys really aren't worth it, but she found it pointless. Of course, she flirted like any other teenager and had already lost her virginity. Something she wish she hadn't given to Kevin Randal. Steve teased her for weeks after she told him how bad it was. She hasn't done anything sexual since, thinking that every time would be like that.

Suddenly, the roar of an engine caught the girls attention and she practically flew to the window. A beautiful blue Camaro raced down the street and stopped just in front of 4819 Cherry lane. Another small car followed soon after and pulled into the driveway. Nicole's hands were pressed up against the glass, her face almost flush against the window as she watched for who was about to come out.

A boy with a curly blonde mullet stepped out and revealed his leather jacket. He also wore a pair of Levi's and Nicole felt her eyes wander to his behind. A man and woman stepped out next, the man seeming to scold the younger guy who just rolled his eyes. Next came a small redhead girl who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there.

"Oh my god.." Nicole whispered.

"What?" Steve asked as he walked toward the window to get a view too.

"Total hottie alert!" She squealed, hitting Steve's shoulder.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Moore snapped his head in his daughters direction.

"Huh? Nothing, nothing." She quickly returned her gaze back to the boy, almost drooling.

"Oh my god, pick up your jaw." Steve groaned, nudging her with her elbow.