18

Nicole woke up that next morning to the sound of light rustling and objects moving around. Her blanket was tucked tight to her body, and though it felt extremely comforting, she was burning up. When she let out a groan, shifting in the makeshift cocoon to free herself, the sound of movement completely stopped. This caused her eyes to finally open to her bright room, and there stood a boy like he was a deer in headlights.

"Morning princess." He spoke as he glanced around with clothes in his hands.

"Billy? What are you doing?" Nicole rubbed her eyes, beginning to sit herself up on her bed.

"Your room was a mess," his jaw clenched, throwing the clothes he had in hand in the hamper that hid in the girls closet, "figured I could clean it for you."

"You didn't have to, I planned to do so when I woke up." The girl blushed at the small action he did for her.

Yes, it could be seen as sweet, but Billy had a problem with messiness. He was a very organized person, everything had to be in order. So, one thing he picked up on was that Nicole Moore enjoyed living in chaos. Every time he was over, something was out of place, out of order. It irked him, he felt the need to critique everything once he had the chance, but he allowed her to live in her chaotic state. This morning, however, he saw the opportunity and took it.

"Let me help." She quickly offered as she realized he was going to continue to clean, and she began to pull the blankets off her body.

"No!" Billy rushed to her side, quickly tucking the blanket back into her body, "just sit there. Look pretty for me, yeah?"

The boy left a slow, small kiss upon the blondes lips. It sent shivers down her spine, and she wanted to curse at the boy for the effect he had on her.

"Can you at least pass me something to do while you ransack my room?" She giggled as he pulled away.

"Shut up, you'll be thanking me when I'm done." He looked around for a second before he noticed a shelf with a few books on it, "here, feed that pretty head of yours some knowledge." 

And just like that, he got back to cleaning with not a single complaint.

Nicole got to the book Billy passed her, not even bothering to look at the cover. Truth is, she wouldn't be reading the book, but rather steal glances at the boy who tidied her room. However, she wasn't as stealthy as she thought she was. Billy knew he was being watched by her, and he let it go on for some time. Once the room was cleaned up enough that it wouldn't be bothersome to him, he turned on his heel.

Nicole's eyes quickly snapped down at the book as she pretended she was reading the whole time, even if the pages obviously weren't being flipped through. The boy made his way to the bed, his curls loosely hanging along his forehead as he knelt over the small girl.

"How's that book going?" He questioned, his face so close that his breath fanned onto Nicole's face.

"It's uh, it's good." She cleared her throat, turning the page at a steady rate to try and get away with being caught.

"Yet you'd still rather look at me, hm?" His smirk was back as a blush rose on the girls cheeks, one of his hands reaching for the book to tear it out of her hands.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Nicole huffed, looking up through her lashes at the beautiful boy.

"Sure, we can say that." Billy chuckled, leaning down to place a gentle kiss to the girls cheek.

The two spent some quality time together for about an hour, before Nicole grew hungry. She left her room to retrieve some food, and once she got back the boy was gone. She frowned at the fact, but she knew he had no reason to stick around. With a sigh, she went to make her way back toward her bed, but noticed a sheet of paper on her vanity that wasn't there when she left. Nicole made her way toward the paper and picked it up, beginning to read the handwriting that filled the page.

I'm sorry I left without saying anything, I couldn't be out too much longer without my dad freaking out. I'll try and see you later, don't miss me too much.

-B

Nicole smiled at the small note as she folded it and tucked it back into a place on her vanity. She was thankful for the small explanation she received from the boy, it felt better than being left with nothing. She also noticed that her bed was now made and slightly rolled her eyes at the boy's cleanliness. It made her appreciative of the boy though, because what boy would willingly go out of their way to clean your mess? The answer is none, teenage boys are the worst type of human there is.

Then, as the blonde girl jumped on her bed she really began to daydream about how great the boy really was. How Billy Hargrove was truly unlike any boy she had ever met. Sure, he was more than confusing and a bit of a hard ass at times, but when he let his guard down to become the sweet boy Nicole was growing fond of, he was more than great. It reminded her of a movie, how she was in the moment. A smile plastered on her face as she thought about the curly headed boy, how cliché?

What she didn't know was that Billy found himself having a cinematic moment himself. When he arrived home, he very obviously got the scolding of a lifetime from his father, but all he could think about was that beautiful smile that Nicole wore so well. Normally, he would argue back with his dad and stir something even bigger, but he couldn't be put close to that mood with Nicole on his mind. Even with Neil yelling inches away from his own face. He still had an unsettling pit in his stomach at the fact he'd never felt this way over a girl. However, his body overpowered his overthinking and no matter what, he found himself falling to Nicole's feet no matter what.