13

It didn't take Billy Hargrove long to realize that Nicole never showed for school that day. The whispers about it certainly helped, because this was a major thing to happen in such a small town. It was ridiculous how hungry teenagers were for any ounce of drama. They were like packs of hyenas against a small bunny, they were feral.

Michael's arrogant self wouldn't shut up about the girls absence either. Seeming proud for being the possible cause to her not showing up. It made Billy's jaw clench every time he would open his mouth, because what spewed out of it was constantly ignorant. The events that took place in the gym were what really threw Billy over the edge.

"You know man, I just knew she was a filthy whore when she almost gave herself to me the first night we met." Michael chuckled along with some of the other basketball players.

"Man you didn't tap that? I was sure you did." One of the other teens nudged the brunettes arm with his shoulder.

"Shit man, she invited me over to her house and I knew she wanted me. She was so desperate for it, i just wouldn't give her the satisfaction." The boys laughter that surrounded the arrogant boy died down as a body stalked up to his unknowing self.

Billy didn't say much, he honestly couldn't remember the half of the insults that spewed from his mouth. He could only recall the name calling that took place as his fists pummeled into Michael's face. Michael wasn't given much of a chance to fight back, since he was more worried about shielding his already broken nose. By the time the coach pulled Billy from his place above the boy, Michael's face was flooded in blood.

As he sat in office awaiting the principal to hear his punishment, he glared at Michael being fixed up as best as possible by the schools nurse. The more blood she wiped away, the more blood came pouring back out of the gashes that filled his face. Billy fatefully decided to wear some of his rings that day, so the beating wasn't pretty. Michael had a gash above his eyebrow that would surely need stitches, a broken nose with a cut across, two blackened eyes due to the injury to his nose and a gash across his cheek.

Billy was proud of himself, until the principal called his name.

"What on earth caused you to leave one of my students looking like that, Hargrove?" The older man sighed, sinking down into his office chair.

"He was talking about something he shouldn't have." Billy murmured, ready to deal with his suspension and get on with his day.

"And what is this something? Obviously something so important that you leave a boy with injuries so brutal he'll need to get doctored. You'll be lucky he doesn't press charges, son."

"It's not my business to say. I dealt with what I needed to deal with, maybe try talking to him." The whites of the boys eyes showed as he rolled them back.

"I'm sure I won't get the straight story from him, especially looking like that. You understand I have to give you a suspension, don't you?" Billy only nodded.

He was served a three day suspension after that, which could've been worse. However, the principal knew there had to be something deeper going on because a student just doesn't attack another peer to that extent unless so. Billy took the slip he'd have to present his father with, which he wasn't ready for, and exited the school making his way straight toward his Camaro.

He would make a quick pit stop before going home to the unleashed wrath of Neil Hargrove.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Nicole wasn't expecting any visitors of any kind, so when there were three short taps at her bedroom window she was on edge. Her curtains were closed, but she could see the silhouette of what she believed to be a man. So, doing the worst thing she could do, she peeled her curtains back and took a peek at the person standing just outside of her unlocked window.