14

"Still playing hookie hm?" The blonde boy asked as he climbed through the tight slit the window offered him.

"Is this going to be like, a thing now?" Nicole asked, avoiding the question that was shot her way.

"Why not?" Billy shrugged nonchalantly as he walked his way toward the small girl sitting at her vanity, brushing her hair.

"How's your suspension going?" She asked, trying not to care about the boys arms wrapping around her body.

"I've got a shit ton of chores, my dads pissed. I just thought I'd sneak over here for a few." The bright white teeth showed through his pink lips.

It was rare that Billy ever shot Nicole a genuine smile. She felt weird that he was being so nice after the non-stop back and forth between torment and sexual tension. However, she wasn't complaining about being treated like she was a human finally. Billy was a hard case to crack, because one second he acted like a friend, but it was like a switch. Friends could turn to enemies as quick as light turns to dark.

"How did that go? With your dad.." Nicole set down her hairbrush, turning her full attention to the boy towering over her frame.

Billy thought back to the previous night. The spit that flew in his face as his dad screamed about how much of an idiot the boy was. How he got pushed around, but thankful his father chose not to lay a hand on him that night. The questions on if he won, because had he not he would've been a sorry excuse for a son. Billy wasn't supposed to leave the house, and he knew if he returned home after his father his ass would be grass.

"Not bad. Just got the usual don't do that shit talk and grounded for the three days I'm out of school."

But Nicole heard the shouts too.

She laid awake the entire time, hearing the distant echoes of thuds from the house just down the street. Once the noise quieted down, she contemplated going and checking on Billy, but she didn't want to push her boundaries. There was something odd about the house that resided only a couple yards away, something dark. Nicole didn't want to make assumptions and be completely wrong, so she only hoped that one day the boy would mention something about it.

"What are you thinking in that pretty little head of yours?" Billy questioned, noticing the fact that Nicole seemed worlds away and she hadn't responded yet.

"Hm? Nothing. Sorry, just super spacey today." She shot him a soft smile as her attention was brought back.

"What are you gettin' all dolled up for?" The boy questioned as he wrapped his hand around the girls jaw, gently caressing her soft skin with the pad of his thumb. He noticed the small amount of makeup that caused her features to become more prominent.

"No reason, a girl can't just get pretty?" She smiled at the electricity the boys touch brought upon her.

"You're already pretty, I see no point." Billy said while sliding his hand away, moving it to her arm instead.

Nicole blushed at the backhanded compliment, "stop being a kiss up."

There weren't anymore words shared between the pair because Billy had pulled the girl up from her stool that resided in front of her vanity. She was pressed flush against his muscular chest, so close that she could feel the faint heart beat that beat rhythmically within his chest. His eyes stared down at her with a look that she couldn't describe, no matter how hard she studied.

Billy felt the hunger from craving the thought of Nicole's lips upon his own, but he also didn't. It didn't make sense to him, how he wanted nothing more than to cause her to submit to his wants and needs, but he wanted to hold her and stare into her beautiful blue orbs that enticed him completely. He'd never had any remote feelings for a girl other than lust. He tried the whole dating thing, but ultimately failed because as soon as someone more intriguing came along he was rushing for it.