09

"Hey Steve." The light, bubbly girl skipped up to her best friend.

"Hey." He muttered, not catching her eye.

"What's going on?" The sweet voice grew small as she shifted on her feet.

Nicole's body language always gave her away, she was possibly the easiest person to read. So, Steve could very clearly tell she was nervous.

"When we're you going to tell me about this weekend?" He cleared his throat, a hand flying through his messy hair.

"What? What are you talking about?" Her eyebrows furrowed, before Steve gestured her to get into the car.

Billy had been watching the interaction the entire time, and almost cursed when the two heads ducked into the maroon BMW. Watching Steve's crushed face would've been sure to bring him joy, and he wanted to know if Nicole was the type to lie about the situation she was in. He wanted to rip the pair apart, but it wasn't looking like it'd go in his favor.

"Billy and Tommy told me something today, in the locker room." The boys knuckles turned white from how hard he gripped the wheel.

"Oh come on, what was it. Lay it on me." Nicole sighed loudly, clearly annoyed.

"They um- they said you were trying to hook up with Michael, at Tina's," he began, clearing his throat, "um.. Billy also said that you and him uh- you know."

"Oh my god.." she muttered, placing her head in her hands.

Steve's heart felt like it was skipping beats, so anxious about what words were about to fall from her lips.

"So, Michael and I did almost hook up. I mean, we kissed, but I was like super drunk. I just found out Nancy was responsible for like, all of my bullying." She laughed, bitterly, "plus he's not that bad of a guy. He's actually supposed to bring me soup later, I may have lied about being sick so he wouldn't ask me a million questions."

Steve nodded, tasting jealousy as it laced the tip of his tongue, but he tried not to show it.

"Billy?" He questioned, just as they pulled into her driveway.

"It was a mistake." Nicole quickly grounded her vision, "like, we didn't full on hook up. I just I let him touch me when he didn't deserve it.."

Her voice was almost inaudible as she finished, and Steve couldn't help but feel upset for the girl.

"I'm sorry. I did try to warn you though." Her small body was quickly placed in his arms as they wrapped around her frame.

"I know." A gentle laugh escaped her lips.

"Do you like Michael?" He questioned after a few seconds.

She shrugged, "I don't know. He's kind, and pretty cute."

"Just don't go too fast."

"Okay, dad."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Nicole was delighted to find out that Paul and Amanda would be out of town for the evening on a date. That was one thing they kept consistent within their marriage, to keep that light alive. Nicole was somewhat envious about how much her parents truly loved each other, hoping that one day that'd be the case for her.

Sure, the girl faked being sick at school to get out of her not so holy thoughts, but you could be cute and sick.. right? Michael was a heart throb, and she wouldn't allow herself to be anything less than star striking in his presence. That being said, the girl dressed in some comfy cream colored pants, and a black fitted cropped tee. Her hair was thrown up in an intentional messy ponytail and she only had a light coat of mascara covering her thick lashes.