04 - first party of the season

Way quicker than I had imagined, we arrived at a huge fancy club venue and I was a little starstruck when getting out of our car. To be honest, everything at this point was a little overwhelming to me after such an intense first weekend, so I was very glad to have Lewis, George, Mick and Olivia by my side to guide me through the chaos. It had been amazing, but I had many new first impressions and the first taste of my new life, so I was happy to just go with the flow and follow the rest without a thought. I felt heavily underdressed in my cute flowy black jumpsuit with a little plunging neckline, slightly puffy long sleeves and shorts and my platform dr. Martens to give me a few extra centimeters as some people were dressed as if they were going to the Oscars. Some photographers were outside taking pictures of everyone they found interesting enough to put in their papers the next day. I felt a little lost in this luxurious and chaotic world of clubbing I wasn't used to and I suddenly felt a hand on my back, which belonged to Mick. I apparently looked like a lost Bambi. He smiled reassuringly at me and guided me inside. I was grateful and smiled at him when we entered the building. I used to go out into weird local clubs, never anything this fancy let alone a place where famous people would show up and where the paparazzi were at every corner. Note to self, don't go outside if I'm drunk or else I will embarrass myself for the whole world to see. I still had to learn much about the world I had entered and had to get used to a lot of things, but with the right people by my side, I was sure that I'd get by just fine.

Inside the building, it was filled with important-looking people who were having a good time and we could blend into the crowd a bit while the air filled with smells of booze, expensive perfume, and sweat entered my nostrils. Some of the people I recognized from the grid, some were mechanics and other people that worked for the teams, but also a lot of influencers that I vaguely had seen before, probably on TikTok or Instagram. The influencers were all dressed up as if it was their last day on earth and I thought they looked absolutely stunning. I was happy that George, Mick and Olivia weren't too dressed up as well. Lewis of course was looking like a model, but that was also just normal attire for him. I felt underdressed, but also quite comfortable in my outfit and I was certain that many of those so-called influencers couldn't say the same thing, so win for me!

Olivia and I followed Lewis and George. Mick still had his hand on my back as he guided me through the crowd as we followed the rest. His big and warm hand felt comforting through the fabric of my jumpsuit. George was quite tall, so he could easily spot their racer friends, as another group of drivers had already started partying, with some more on the way. Even with my platform boots, I was still quite small, so I had no idea where we were going and was glad for George who seemed to know where he was going. I was really excited to have a fun night and get to know a couple of new people. George waved excitedly at his friends who appeared in the crowd and Lewis hugged Valtteri with a big grin. I recognized most of them from stories and pictures, but I hadn't formally been introduced to most of them, I only had met Valtteri and Charles.  All eyes were on me. The loud club music was playing as Lewis introduced me and Olivia to everyone, but I was certain that everyone knew me by the way they were looking at me with full interest. It felt weird, to be known among famous people. I don't think it would ever feel normal, but it was certainly an experience. Lewis tried to introduce me to Charles, who was standing next to his teammate Carlos and his girlfriend Isa, who seemed very excited that two other girls had shown up as up until now she had been the only girl, but Charles smiled widely when he saw me and made a little cheeky laughing sound.

 "We've met before." He said with his thick accent and I nodded with a smile and gave him a quick hug to make it a little less weird. His strong arms flew around me to give me a hug and his nice cologne entered my nostrils. He smelled so nice and warm - and also very expensive - it made me blush a little bit.

 "Wait, how? I thought you only knew the Mercedes drivers." George questioned me, as he was clearly surprised I knew Charles and I shrugged. I also saw Lando, Esteban, who I just had introduced myself to, and Mick look a bit weird our way. They probably were asking the same, how on earth did I meet the Ferrari driver?