07 - mick and marvel movies

After the long meeting about our course of action, the planning and strategy for the rest of the weekend had ended - and after I had explained to George what I had meant by getting my heart broken by Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans as he apparently hadn't been able to think about anything else during the meeting, we were all glad the long work day was over for some of us.

 "I'm gonna watch some marvel movies with Mick tonight in my hotel room. Just a relaxing evening, while you guys all need to go to some more important press stuff that we weren't invited to. I think we win on this one." I said excitedly and left George as I saw Mick exit the room and we went to get our ride back to the hotel. We were both quite hungry after the meeting which had been over two hours. I was happy to change into some comfortable clothing and just relax all evening and get to know Mick a little bit better. He was the reserve driver for Mercedes and he was going to be around at most of the Grand Prix. I liked having him around and it does help to have another 'the child of' around to talk about the dynamics that come with it the title. All the times I had talked to him before he had been quite shy when we were in big groups, just observing what was going on, but he was very chatty and bubbly when we were alone or just with a smaller groups. He was really friendly to me and made me feel welcome in the F1 bubble. As he seemed a bit shy and introverted I had been surprised that he had asked for a movie night, but I was really excited to spend an evening with him. It was important to have some relaxing nights when possible on chaotic weekends like this. 

The drive back to the hotel had consisted of ordering the pizzas and discussing which movies we were going to see with a lot of giggles, because if we wanted to see two, we had to know which one before we would start watching as there were many trilogies or duologies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and we had different opinions. We eventually decided that we were indeed going to watch Infinity War and Endgame and get heart broken.

We had quickly got into some more comfortable clothes in our rooms and freshen up and he had dropped his stuff back at his own room as we were going to sit in mine. In a few minutes, I had tried to make the room a little less messy, as I had had no intention this week of organizing my stuff due to the horrible jet lag, but now I had to. I had changed into comfy grey sweatpants and a black tank top and put on my black thin framed round glasses.

A few minutes later he knocked on my door, revealing himself in a sweatpants and black top as well and another few minutes later the pizza arrived. Perfect timing. We put on the first film on and made ourselves comfortable on my big two-person bed with pillow behind our backs. I wanted to take a picture and put it on my Instagram stories as I hadn't let the world know anything about this weekend and the only thing that people had seen of me was a press photo of me outside in the sun, laying with my head on a table as I had a moment of peace and almost falling asleep, while it had only been 11 am. It was hilarious, but I had no energy to think about what I wanted to put out into the world. I had tried to actively put some small moments on my Instagram stories to archive my life and also give people the smallest insight into my life as they seem to like it. I also just loved collecting memories like that, so I thought this could be one of those moments. It was such a simple basic moment in such a new and luxorious world.

 "Oh, do you mind if I tag you in my Instgramstory?" I realized suddenly that I should ask him before I posted anything, holding up the phone screen with the picture to him as he had just put a slice of pizza in his mouth, his eyebrows raised. I giggled at the adorable sight. He shrugged with a nod as he tried to swallow the piece of pizza.

 "Oh that's totally fine, Teddy." He answered with a smile and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. I nodded and posted a casual picture of our legs on my bed with my pizza and the big tv that was showing Infinity War with the text: 'well deserved (heart) break after a long day at work @ mickschumacher'