13 - you make me crazy

"Charles?" I breathed shakily as I turned around to see the Monagesque standing there, worried. I was surprised he followed me, had he heard Olivia talking? He and Pierre must've listened to what we were saying and saw me leave in a hurry. I shook my head and walked to the edge of the terrace, now fully in the soft raindrops, not covered by any sort of canopy. The rain immediately cooled me down and brought me back to solid ground with both of my feet. I looked up to the dark sky, no stars could be seen as it the sky was covered in a dark cloud filled with cold rain. I focused on my breathing and sighed deeply, when I felt Charles's hand on my shoulder, making me turn around again, now facing him. He had stepped into the cold Australian rain, his eyes were worried.

 "What happened? Are you alright?" He spoke softly and concerned, squeezing my shoulder carefully and I tilted my head toward his hand which made his rough knuckles brush my cheeks. I had my eyes closed for a moment. I must've looked anxious and confused. The hand on my shoulder now carefully cupped my cheeks. My heart started racing as I carefully grabbed the hand with mine, to keep it there. It was comforting, grounding me and my heart wasn't beating fast anymore from anxiety, but thanks to him. Charles Leclerc. Fuck, I was in big trouble, because the alcohol was known to cloud my judgment and that is the only thing that kept me from doing something very, very stupid. His big hand was caressing my cheek and my eyes fluttered open as I sighed, looking everywhere instead of looking at him. 

 "You know you can talk to me, right? I've got your back, always." Charles whispered as we stood there in the rain outside of the karaoke bar. I felt how he lowered his head a bit more as I felt his presence closer to me. I very softly nodded as I focused on his thumb that was caressing my cheek ever so slightly. I knew I could, we had already talked about being there for each other if we needed to be. I didn't know if it was the alcohol in my system that was making me feel more than I should and making me want to talk to him about everything, but I managed to stay quiet. I parted my lips, but nothing came out. I could feel that he was close and it was hard to look at him as I knew how easily he had wrapped drunk me around his finger, well sober me as well. "But I understand if you don't want to talk about it..." He had heard, he knew that this was about Olivia questioning me about the situation with Toto. This made me look up with my brows slightly furrowed and meet his eyes. His face softened when he caught my eyes and the corners of his lips twitched up as his eyes softened. My hand let go of his that was still attached to my cheek and I put it on his chest.

 "I know, Charles I want to... But I can't. Just not yet, I guess. It's really complicated and fucked up..." I whispered as confidently as possible as I didn't want my voice to sound shaky. This man was crazy, standing in the rain with me, I chuckled at the thought.

 "I know. But I'll be here if you are ready to talk." He whispered back in his low voice with a thick accent, lowering his head closer to mine, as if I couldn't hear him otherwise. I could now feel his warm breath on my cold skin, my cheeks were glowing and I was very aware of how close he had gotten. I stayed there. "I won't leave you... Only if you want me to." His gaze had captivated me and I couldn't fully register the meaning of his words due to the alcohol in my system, it made me feel like I was dreaming, a very, very weird dream. But it made me feel alright again. My head still spinning, might have been the alcohol, but when I looked at the man in front of me, he was clear as day, the rest didn't matter. Only him. Now there was a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

 "Please don't ever leave..." I whispered back as my hand on his chest was very softly tugging on the fabric of his shirt. I wanted him close. The way he made me feel was something I craved, might have been my drunken mind but still. Our gazes connected as we were standing in the rain, in our own perfect little world.  His eyes softened in surprise by my remark and I saw him swallow. What I also noticed was how he broke our eye contact by flickering his eyes ever so slightly toward my slightly parted lips. You could've missed it if you blinked, but I didn't blink. I might have been intoxicated, but my whole body was filled with warmth and butterflies by the idea that he might want to kiss me and I was considering it. Me? What a joke. A few weeks ago I was a literal nobody and he is one of the most famous drivers in the world. I have barely any money in my bank account, but also a huge student debt and I live in a crappy and very shady studio and he is like a fairytale prince from the beautiful city of Monte Carlo in Monaco and a freaking F1-driver and not to mention probably also a multi-millionaire, we couldn't be from more different backgrounds. This was crazy. Without realizing I had straightened myself more while I leaned forward on my toes and tilted my head towards his. Our noses were so close. I could feel his warm breath. It drove me crazy and my heart wanted more, but my brain was telling me no.