09 - he's totally flirting with you

"You did what?!" It was Olivia's squealing voice when I told her about my little morning get-together with Charles Leclerc with the details of the hand touching and goodbye hug. My head turned red and it was only a confirmation that it had been more than just simply getting coffee. Could it be? During my short walk back to Mercedes I had been thinking about everything what we said and repeated everything in my head and I thought about the huge tension that had been in the air. It was weird. I had never felt like this before. I went on quite some dates before, most of them never worked out, had a few short relationships, but this was new. I needed to get it of my chest, so Olivia was my go-to person around here. She loved gossip and I considered her my best friend at the paddock at this point. I saw Mick ar my friend as well, but I wasn't sure if I should talk to him about this. Not now at least. It was more gossip between girlfriends.

 "Not so loud, not everyone in Mercedes needs to know that I just had coffee with the enemy." I shushed Olivia quickly before attracting anyone's attention, looking around nervously, but not able to wash the smile of my face.

 "Yeah, not to mention the obvious flirting that went on did you even drink your coffee or were you too busy drooling over each other?" Olivia grinned widely, grabbing my hand and taking me somewhere a little bit more private as people were starting to arrive for their work day and the place got a bit more crowded and it wasn't the place to talk about this like this. Olivia loved gossip and liked to blow things up. I giggled at her excitement. "Oh, this is the kind of tea I love, you are a godsend!" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms in front of my body.

 "We were not flirting... But there was definitely a certain vibe I can't put my finger on. He's really kind though." I defended myself as I heard my phone receive a text. I looked down. It was from Charles and I couldn't suppress a smile and Olivia noticed it immediately.

You are always welcome to grab another Ferrari coffee if you need to escape bad coffee hell Mercedes ;) 

"Teddy." Olivia spoke stern, before smiling wide, as she clearly saw the text. "He's totally flirting with you!" 

 "No, no. It's just the way he talks and he probably just likes physical contact or something. Don't people from the south of Europe like physical contact more?" I defended myself again. I wasn't even sure if I wanted Charles to flirt with me. Or if it was just his way of communicating when he was comfortable around a person, I did like our interactions though, whatever they meant. Our interactions made me feel a way I hadn't ever really felt: nervous, but in a good way, warm and fuzzy on the inside, in desperate need for more.

 "No, that's how he talks with you." Olivia grinned and emphasized the word 'you' by pointing at me.  I rolled my eyes. 

 "I barely know the guy." I tried to defend myself.

 "So?" Olivia shot back. "He's hot and he for sure has some sort of interest in you. And you in him or otherwise you wouldn't be all flustered after just having coffee with him, or would you?"

 "Well, if I have to believe everyone around here" I defended myself again, "Every driver has some sort of interest in me. It's probably nothing Olly."  

 "Would you like him to be flirting with you?" Olivia then asked after a short moment of silence with a smirk. I looked up to her, she was a bit taller than me, in confusion. The question made me think and again, some butterflies twirled around in my stomach at the idea of Charles actually being interested in me. I shook the thought away, it'd be a stupid fantasy and only bring so many problems. It was not worth it, I think. But he was really nice.

 "I don't know, I barely know him and besides, I think Toto would murder him and disinherit me as his daughter." I joked and shrugged. It was true, I don't think Toto would like me to go after someone like Charles, who is a threat in his Ferrari car to the Mercedes team's success. Olivia rolled her eyes. I didn't know what I wanted, I was still trying to find my way around and a cute Monagesque boy just happened to be there.