11 - the great down under

The whole ordeal about the innocent picture of me and Charles died down between the Jeddah and Melbourne races and again we kept in touch through text messages as we had been doing for a few weeks. I was a little more careful with what I shared online to not provoke another dumb rumor, also because Toto asked me to keep my head low for a little while to not get any hurtful attention again. I had been waiting for my flight to Australia, because I was going a couple of days earlier than most to spend some time with my best friend Willow. I had booked a business-class seat with a layover in Singapore. It would be hell, as I had such a horrible jet lag the last time around and this time the time difference was going to be the worst it could possibly get. I wasn't looking forward to this one. Charles was sending me some jet-lag tips he had gotten from Carlos as I was also texting Willow in the meantime. The topic was Charles Leclerc, as that man was something all of my friends were very interested in and teasing me for. I hated it, the teasing, not him.

 My god, you're really falling so hard for him

Jeez Will, I'm not he is just a friend

Then why are you texting him instead of me?????

I'm your tour guide this week, you have to be nice to me!

hello?

I'll not be third wheeling some rich Ferrari boy all week!!!!

omg teddy you are ignoring me again and messaging him instead

I'm gonna tell your dad about this, he's not gonna like that you are flirting with the devil

You are the worst

and yes Iwas texting him as he is not such an ass like you are

He's giving actual useful jet lag tips from his teammate so he's helping me more than you are now

I'll be a freaking sleep-deprived and angry zombie all week if I don't let him help me

love you too <3

this time I will let it slide because I know how scary you can be when you are sleep deprived

i like him

Willow has been my best friend for years. She dragged me into our mutual theatre obsession and forced me into our theatre group - who also became great friends of ours - in the first few weeks at university. She was my friend real friend there. She basically pulled me out of my shell and broke down some of my walls after living with my horrible, controlling, and manipulating stepdad for years. I was finally able to be my own person and actually be free, but that was hard. She even pushed me to go and meet Toto when we visited Oxford to meet up with him and literally had to push me towards him as I almost wanted to turn around the moment I heard his voice come around the corner. Speaking about him, he wasn't pleased with the whole ordeal about the picture, something along the lines of 'I told you so'. The thing was, that he wasn't mad, just heavily annoyed that it had happened and that I had ignored his wisdom. His anger was at the media and the whole world in general as he had seen some of the dumb comments that had been made about his daughter and suddenly he had become a father instead of my boss. But I got the whole 'keep away from the drivers, they'll get you into more trouble, this is just the beginning'- talk again which was the perfect combination of father Toto and big boss Toto. I don't think he knows that I'm always texting Charles, but I'm also texting quite a bit with Mick, George, and Lando. Toto seemed to have something against Charles the most. Olivia had joked that the only person who'd make it even worse would've been Max, who was one of the few people I hadn't personally met yet as he had been ill and busy otherwise. I laughed at idea, but it was true.