19 - smooth casanova

"Hey Charles." I said very sheepishly as I noticed how taken aback he was by seeing me there, in a stunning dress, showing just enough skin and curves, looking like a catch if I say so myself. Good, he should be.  A small frown appeared on his face and I blushed at his strong gaze. Luckily it was dark outside and the party lights weren't bright enough to make it stand out and noticable.

 "I didn't know you'd be here." He mumbled as he stepped towards me, looking good in his suit and I shrugged nonchalantly.

 "Well I wasn't going as Susie was supposed to go with Toto, but she wasn't feeling well after karting all day so here I am." I joked opening my arms with a grin and Charles chuckled as his eyes glided over my body and he stepped towards his friends as well. A lot of 'hey mate'-s were said as he stood by my side. His arm brushed mine every time he moved. He smelled expensive and also looked a little tipsy with his eyes smaller than normal. I knew I was a bit intoxicated, we all were as it was the last night the drivers could drink before it would have consequences for their drives, so they all indulged into the fancy Monagesque drinks. They all had become a bit more loose and joked a lot with a flirty undertone, like Fernando. I followed Charles with my eyes, twirling the glass with my drink between my fingers. Eventually he suddenly leans down towards me with a smirk that I'd want on canvas on my wall so gorgeous is it. 

 "You look absolutely stunning in that dress, ma cherié." He whispers low with some intense eye contact and a little wink. This man suddenly became Casanova or something and made me shiver and blush all at the same time, it was such a good feeling. I wasn't used to it, but my tipsy brain surely didn't mind.

 "Well, thank you." I giggled and I felt his arm sneaked around my waist as he pulled me closer. God, he was trouble. He was obviously also already a little tipsy and it made me giggle again. I was a giggling mess around him, I didn't like giggling at everything he said, but here I was, doing so every damn time. 

This was also when Mick showed up, looking a little flushed from the alcohol, his hair ruffled and a goofy smile on his lips and he beamed when he saw me. I liked him. It was a while since I had seen him, or at least it felt like it. I grinned, leaving Charles' grip for a moment - which he didn't like one bit - and giving the golden retriever-like boy a good and big hug. I squealed as he picked me up of the ground in his tight hug while he told me how good I looked and I told him I missed him. He missed me too. As my feet found the solid ground again I looked back over my shoulder at Charles whose gaze was a little off and I couldn't fully understand what it could be. His eyes glided over my body as I pulled a little on my dress after my hug with Mick, who also smelled amazing with the biggest smile on his lips.

 "How was karting today?" Mick asked and I could hear him slur a little bit, figuring he had also been victim to the very alcoholic drinks like I had been. His accent became more German than usual. My accent had become more British than it already had been if it was possible.

 "Oh Mick, it was great! I had a lot of fun, didn't crash my kart once and little Jack is excellent on the track, it is almost intimidating. You should see him take those corners at such a high speed. The teams would be waiting for him to be old enough to sign him if they saw him." I beamed excitedly about the morning I had as I felt how Charles came closer from behind. "But it was so much fun, I hope we have some time in the future to do that again. And Susie has promised me to take me around a track in the near future for a hot lap, so that's also really cool. It was good to have some family time with them." Mick smiled adorably with his goofy smile and his bright blue eyes sparked as he nodded excitedly. He was the one I could always talk about all my complicated family stuff to a certain extend. He would always understand and I was so glad to have him in my life, someone else who knew the struggles of being someone's kid in the same competitive world. 

Even though I liked talking to Mick, I couldn't fully concentrate on our chat as he was excitedly telling me about some simulator work he had done, as I felt Charles' body near me as he put his big warm hand with his cold rings on the small of my back again to lean in. God, it made my knees weak. George now asked Mick something about his simulator work and I was completely distracted by and very aware of the Monagesque man behind me.

 "So, are you in for a little after party later?" Charles whispered against my ear with a cheeky half grin, as if nobody could hear it, but everyone knew about the after-party at his yacht. That didn't mean hearing him say those words didn't make my heart go faster and knees weaker. I looked over my shoulder to meet his kind green eyes and I nodded and tried with all my might not to fully turn around as I held my drink and crossed my arms in front of my body, tilting my head.

 "Depends... I heard from the boys that you were throwing one, I might show up if you are lucky." I answered with a sweet smile and he chuckled, dropping his head a little. His chuckle was the most adorable and sexy thing I had ever heard. It might have been the alcohol talking in this moment, but Charles could literally do anything and still make me swoon right now as his thumb softly slid up and down my back. 

 "I would really like seeing your face there." He grinned against my ear again and I giggled.

 "I figured." I innocently told him and he winked before Carlos started asking him some questions about how this event has been going for him. I didn't fully listen as I was so focused on what his hand was doing on my back - and I was a little bit more than tipsy - and I just stared at the glass in my hand. If I'd look at Charles I might not be able to look away, that man is literally a god, but I did it anyway against my own judgment. I looked up at him as he talked with Carlos and watched the way his eyes lit up as he spoke, how his dimples appeared and disappeared as he slipped some Italian in his English sentences, and how his nose would scrunch a little as he chuckled. Even when he was talking to Carlos, Charles would have his big warm hand on the small of my back, drawing circles with his thumb, supporting me while also driving me crazy as I was hyper-aware of how close he was and couldn't think of anything but how his lips tasted. I was so fucked. After a moment I was able to get my eyes of Charles and take a sip of my drink and noticed that George and Mick were eyeing us and decided to ignore them as I wobbled on my feet.

 "Careful ma cherié." It was Charles' voice in my ear and he made me giggle in surprise of his low voice in my ear. I raised my eyebrows at him and took a sip of my drink.

 "It's all those Monagesque drinks' fault, they are way too good and there is way too much alcohol in this." I giggled and he almost wanted to take the drink out of my hand, but I pulled it back, almost spilling it. "But not in this one, Nando gave me a non-alcoholic one."

 "Ah, smart man, we don't want you tripping over your feet here.." He grins and I nod with a sly smile on my lips. "But, Teddy..." I looked into his dreamy green eyes and felt my heart skip a beat, this man could tell me anything and I still liked him. "But about that party, I'm throwing a little after-party on my boat later tonight with some people close to me. I'd really want you to come, it's a lot less busier than here." I felt my cheek turn a shade pinker. "We might get a moment alone." His accent was thick and made my knees weak. He was so much trouble, and I liked it, nodding with a sweet smile of my own as I saw his sultry eyes look at my lips for just a second. I knew he was thinking about how they felt on his and I did the same, remembering the kisses we shared yesterday. The tension was thick and I softly bit on my lip for just a moment and he sighed deeply, straightening his back, his eyes leaving me for a moment as the others had their own conversations again. I couldn't follow them. His cologne and his arm hand on my back were enchanting me to not be able to think of anything else than him, but the alcohol in my system didn't help either. He was trouble.

 "You drive me crazy, my cherié." Was whispered by the low voice of Charles Leclerc in my ear before his hand left the small of my back for a moment as he got called over by some people who knew him. "I'll see you at my yacht tonight." And off he was, with a wink and a wicked grin and my head spinning and heart beating. 

 "What was that with Leclerc?" George asked with an eyebrow raised and I looked up at him with the most innocent look I could put on and shrugged, telling him that it was all just friendly banter. I don't think he believed me. I was in trouble. And so going to his yacht.