Part 6: Dandan

"Hey, can I send you back to you apartment?", Daniel held out his hand to her, who was resting a few moments after the jog, she looked up and smiled, "sure Daniel". "But if you're too tired, you can climb on my back... I mean um", he looked away with a blush on his face. (Y/n) squealed internally, 'it's so great to see one of your favourite character blushing and embarrassed like this', she smirked, enjoying it, "get down please, just so you know my legs are still sore since this morning".

A moment of realization smacked him in the head as it wasn't the time to be embarrassed, so he crouched down to her level and faced the other way. (Y/n) giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, while he helped supporting her legs that was wrapping around his torso. He walked slowly as he was trying to calm his loud and thumping heart beat. He was never ever this close to a woman. Moreover, an attractive woman at that.

(Y/n), noticing the tension, started up a conversation despite already knowing the answer, "so Dandan.. where do you actually live? Also, do you live alone?", she muttered while listening to his rapid heartbeat. Yes, she can hear it from that close and there's Daniel who was praying for her to not hear the loud thumping of his heartbeat.

He gulped, "I live opposite from this place, I can text you my address later if you want". She hummed in approval. "Oh and uhm... I live with a friend there, so we could share the rent", he added. "That's so fun~ I wish I have a friend to stay with me, it's too lonely at my apartment.... I want to fangirl with a friend over some webtoon or manhwa on the bed", she breathed out a sigh, "I mean it's not any different than at my original place". "You mean abroad?", he asked and the girl nodded, "yeap.... I used to have a friend who hangs out with me while we read webtoon on my laptop but......... my friend passed away two months ago, she got into a car accident...................", she stopped herself from continuing the gloomy conversation, "so anyway!", she cheekily grinned, "I'd love to have a friend who not only respects my ideals but to fangirl with me too", she laughed at the end while resting her head on his back.

"I-I'm really sorry to hear that, I didn't mean to bring up sad memories", he apologized while trying to look at her from his peripheral vision. She giggled again, "it's fine~ don't apologize from it.... That murderer should've been the one to apologize to her family....did you know what happened? I mean of course you don't but let me tell you... that murderer did a hit-and-run, and until now we couldn't find the perpetrator, I swear to God, if they ever catch that murderer I would personally beat him up". Daniel laughed in the end, "with what fist?", he joked.

(Y/n) gasped, "oh my? How dare you?", she playfully yelled back before both of them laughed together, "it's nice talking like this but please don't tell anyone about this, okay? It'll be our little secret together". His eyes brightened at the thought of sharing a secret between them, 'our secret together'.

"Is this your apartment?", he looked at the normal-looking apartment. "Yeap, you can drop me off at the lobby and go your way, just so you know I live in level 16 room 09", she patted his shoulder so he could put her down but he continued to walk into the lobby and straight to the elevator. "Wait Dandan... huh?", she struggled as his grip was really firm. "Where's your card?", he asked.

She couldn't help but sighed in the end, "fiiiinee", she took out her card from her back pocket and passed it to him. He used the card to enter her room, "wow, this place is really big", she dropped her on her bed before smiling down at her, "then I'll go home, see you tomorrow", he waved his hand goodbye as he walked out of her room and left the apartment.

She smiled to herself while lying down on the bed, "now to wait for Zoe", she stretched her arms over her head before jumping up from the bed, "I should take a shower before meeting her", she immediately went to take a hot bath then changed into her pajamas. Just in time, she heard a knock from her door, ( y/n) skipped over to the door and opened it, "haii Zoe, please come inside, would you prefer coffee or tea or chocolate?".