Part 9 - Jajjangmyeon

A few minutes after they left, Gun entered the VVIP room while fixing his hair, "you've been hanging out with people I've also met before, was it a coincidence?". She smiled at him, "Of course, it's a coincidence", she held the petals as she still had a smile on her face. "So...? Crystal ended up transferring to Jae Won High School, huh?". "That was quick of you to get info from them", he smirked and sat on the sofa that was across from her hospital bed.

She smirked back, "I'm just good at it~", she shrugged her shoulder, "How was Crystal though?". He stared at her playing with the flowers in her arms, "she reported nothing on the first day, nor the second day and the third day". She hummed, "Then that just means that there is nothing to report", she pressed her lips together. He hummed back, "Have you tried standing? You've been lying on the bed for almost 4 days". She shook her head, "Not yet". He raised one of his eyebrows, "not even to the toilet?". She sweatdropped and shook her head.

He sighed to himself and strode to her side, he held out his hand, "Hold my hand while you try to stand". She laughed to herself, "It's not like I have a serious illness, it was just a fever", she stood up but her legs started to wobble, so Gun immediately held her up. He clicked his tongue, "See? I told you, you haven't moved your leg since you passed out, I know for sure back in your place you must've been a couch potato".

"Pshh....", she rolled her eyes and let him hold her up. She looked down at her feet and made penguin steps while he was still holding onto her. 

"Can you walk properly now?", he asked as he slowly let her go. She didn't answer and went straight into the bathroom.

After she refreshed herself by taking a warm bath and doing her morning routines, she walked out of the bathroom and smiled to herself, "Now that was great~~ oh uncle? Good morning", she grinned up at him. He patted her head, "How are you feeling? Did you eat yet?". "I'm feeling great! And I did eat the hospital's food in the early morning I think around 5 am or so", she thought about it before staring up at the Chairman who looked serious as always.

Gun cleared his throat, "As I've said in the text.. she lost her energy to walk". (Y/n) cast a glance at Gun who was avoiding her eyes, "It wasn't that bad~ it only took a few seconds before I recovered anyway... but uncle can I have desserts?". The Chairman looked at her in disbelieved, "Of course, I know your job is not to babysit, Gun, but just follow her demands, she's a nice and competent asset".

Gun sighed to himself and went out of his way, but returned immediately, "What type of dessert?". She giggled and claimed, "(fav/dessert) please!". Gun left straight away which left the girl and the Chairman alone in the room. "Uncle.... Umm, I'm sorry for not doing my mission throughout these few days", she started to apologize as she stared at the flower that was already placed beautifully in a beautiful transparent vase by Gun. 'The character development of Gun is really amazing...... never have I ever seen this side of him throughout reading the webtoon'.

"It's fine.. it's a good thing I've already prepared a substitute just in case something goes awry.... About your return, I've already asked someone I know and they are trying their best to look into it", he stated as he sat himself on the sofa. She was silent, 'So it may be difficult to find a way', "as long as it's possible then I'm in". Now it was his turn to become silent.

That night (y/n) already returned to her apartment, Gun already informed her that the receptionist made 2 more spare key cards, one for keeping it in the apartment, and another in her wallet. She sighed to herself and lay down on her bed, thoughts kept running in her mind before she ended up falling asleep, completely forgetting to set her alarm for 3 am.

The next day, she stretched her arms above her head. The sound of a bird chirping right outside her window made her stop stretching halfway, she opened her eyes wide and saw that it was already passed 3 am, way past 3 am, and it was already 6 am. "Oh shoot! I'm late for work out!", she screeched. "It's fine... we'll just skip it just for today", a deep voice interrupted her from screeching. She blinked her eyes to follow where the voice came from, only to see a calm Gun, sipping his black coffee on the sofa.

"R-really?", she was a bit surprised before grinning, "Yass! Thanks Gun! I'll go take a shower first", she walked away into the separate bathroom and closet room. After she finished, she walked out and packed her bags and while double checking the contents of her bag, 'So I'm gonna meet Crystal later', she squealed to herself, 'she's such an admirable character throughout lookism. "Are you going to send me to school?", she tilted her head as she saw Gun still sitting on the sofa. He got up and nodded.

Hence, he drove her to school not forgetting to drop her off a few hundred meters away from her school gate. "Thanks for the ride Gun~ byee!", she waved him goodbye before skipping over to anyone she knew. Gun sighed to himself, completely unaware that he had been staring at her for far too long.

"Oh! Good morning Dandan!", she hooked her arm around his stiff one, making him startled. It took him a few seconds before he replied to her, "m-morning, (Y/n), welcome back to school", he smiled at her to which in return she smiled back at him. "Thanks! I heard we have a new classmate", she grinned, "I can't wait to meet 'em". "You mean Crystal?", he nodded his head, "she feels a bit distant as of now", he scratched the back of his head, "I tried to befriend her but she completely ignored me, you should try befriending her".

"I'll try my best!", she balled her hand into a fist with a determined look on her face. Daniel couldn't help but find her cute as he smiled to himself. (Y/n) entered the classroom through the sliding door and greeted everyone, "Good morning everyone!", she cheered with her brightest smile as she waved happily, her other classmates smiled back at her while saying "Welcome back". She walked over to her seat and patted Jay, "morning Jay", she grinned. He nodded his head with an enamored smile.

After the attendance from the class teacher, the class started as usual and (y/n) was too hyper to sleep so she just playfully traced the back of the person who was sitting in front of her, who was none other than a blushing Jay. The two played guessing games as she drew and Jay guesses, it was like a kid's game but both of them were really entertained.

"Jay you're kinda good at this", she giggled not noticing pairs of eyes watching them. Time passed and it was already lunch, around this time (y/n) was asleep behind Jay, all the while he was blocking her from the teacher's view. Daniel placed a hand on her shoulder, gently waking her up. She mumbled, "nyamnyam.... I want Jajjangmyeon...", she rubbed her eyes lightly before looking up only to feel a tie on her face. She playfully pulled it and grinned, "Hai Dandan, is it lunchtime?". His brow twitched a little as his face slowly went red, he pulled away and cleared his throat, "Y-yeah... let's go".

(y/n) got up from her seat and cheered, "Let's go~", she walked forward and locked her arms to the first person who was closer to her, not realizing the stiff person who didn't move a single step. "Hm?", she looked up again to see a flushed Zack, "Oh! Sorry! Wrong arm", she sweatdropped and looked around to see Mira and locked her arms with her instead, "sorry about that", she apologized again to Mira, "he's all yours", she smirked, in the end, making Mira confused.

"what do you mean, (y/n)?', she asked while walking together with her, as the others were tailing behind both of them, all the while she actually forgot about Crystal. She was too hungry to even remember her true motive in arriving at school. "I meant what I meant", she grinned next to her, "I wanna eat some chacharoni", she mumbled to herself while smiling happily.

The time flew by and it was already time to return home, just then (y/n) remembered about Crystal's existence, making her look around the classroom, "where's the new student?", she asked. Daniel replied immediately, "She's on duty today, I think she went to fill up water for the mop". She grinned, alrighty~ you can leave without me Dandan, I'll be walking home with Crystal later".

Daniel frowned a bit, "are you sure?". She smiled brightly before reaching to ruffle his hair, "Don't worry~ I learned how to fight already". He looked confused but left anyway.