Part 10: Crystal

"hey Crystal, I'm sure you know me by know right?", (y/n) grinned as she walked together side-by-side with her. Crystal looked up at her with her thick-rimmed glasses, "I heard from the chairman but he didn't told me your background at all..... which I find it suspicious". (Y/n) smiled to herself, "you wouldn't believe him even if he did tell you", she snickered while looking around at the street. Both of them were heading back to the chairman's company building.

(Y/n) noticed a car trailing slowly behind both of them, she whispered slowly, "hey Crystal". Crystal continued to look forward, looking unfazed, "I know.. just stay close to me and act normal". (Y/n) thought to herself and just squeezed Crystal's sleeve and smiled, "define normal". Hearing her comeback made her sweat dropped. The (h/c)-girl simply grinned, "I was joking, actually I was looking forward to learn but Gun is still taking his time".

Crystal furrowed her brows, 'she does know how to act nonchalant', she calmly replied, "don't worry, Gun will make sure to toughen your body up first before he teaches you properly moreover, your body's immune system is like a leaf... too frail which makes me wonder why is it necessary for him to teach you when he can just guard you?". 

(Y/n) heaved out a heavy sigh with a small pout, "well, I didn't want to garner too much attention with having a body guard around school... p.s Gun's appearance is already making people look and having him beside me makes me look like a roasted potato". 'roasted potato??'. "to top it all off, I just wanna learn how to fight hehe, maybe I could fight those bullies when I got back- ah.. shouldn't have said that", she giggled to herself in the end. 'bullies?', Crystal cleared her throat, "where do you live actually? Or... is that classified?".

She hummed in response, "yeap classified, wanna know something fun?", she smirked. Crystal awaited her response eagerly but didn't show it on her face. "I'm an alien~", (y/n)'s face was serious before she broke into a fit of laughter, "just kidding just kidding...", her façade change in the split second before continue walking with her. Crystal couldn't understand what she was talking about, there was no way she's an alien. Alien doesn't exist, she thought. However, looking at the change in her behavior made her think otherwise, 'maybe she's saying it in a rhetoric way'.

"we're here", (y/n) grinned before noticing that the car that had been tailing her moved away. She let out a breath of sigh, "dang, that was nerve wrecking, huu". Crystal replied, "don't worry I already told them to track who it was, let's go meet the chairman".

| (• ◡•)|| (• ◡•)|| (• ◡•)|

(Y/n) skipped over to the chairman's table and gave him a light hug before looking at the screen that the chairman was looking at intensely. Whereas Crystal stared in utter confusion, 'did she really just do that to the chairman? Even I don't dare to do that..'. "oh, uncle you caught them already?", (y/n) said while staring at the macbook screen. He scoffed, "they were stalling right next to the building, of course it was easy".

"uncle is so cool!", her eyes glimmered in excitement while she watched the so-called kidnappers got beaten up. He smirked, "of course, who do you think I am? Ah now that both of you are here together, I'd like to reassess and reassign your mission".

(y/n) nodded her head and sat herself comfortably on the sofa after placing her bag on the sofa as well. Crystal stayed standing, completely flabbergasted at their unexpected father-daughter relationship which she would never see herself doing. "please be seated, Crystal", the chairman ordered. Crystal continued to stand still, "there is no need to, I need to get ready soon, sir". "very well then, Crystal, your job throughout your highschool will be on ensuring that nobody is too curious about (y/n)'s background, basically being her alibi".

'her alibi? Now I'm getting more curious..', she furrowed her brows. The chairman continued, "the report is being sent to you as we speak, so you can check it later for reference, any question?". She then spoke out, "then, how about DP's case?". The chairman crossed his fingers together while watching her, "that case will solely be managed by (y/n) which I will be explaining it to her in-depth after this, If you don't have any more question, you can leave, Crystal".

Crystal nodded her head, "none and thank you sir", she bowed her head and left before sparing a glance at a sleepy (Y/n), she shook her head in disbelief while trying not to chuckle.

"are you still awake, (y/n)?", the chairman's deep voice called out to her, making the girl flinched and awake, "I wasn't sleeping, uncle", she cleared her throat, "by the way uncle, I got a bit curious, am I allowed to walk around at night?". He thought about it, before replying sternly, "you're still too weak, you need to have a bodyguard at night too if you still want to go walk around at night", he paused for a moment before scanning through the files, "there, I'm sending you a list of profiles that are future candidates for the four major crews".

'four major crews?', she looked up from the sofa, "is there perhaps Johan Seong?". The chairman looked at her with his eyebrows raised, "how..?". She grinned and shrugged her shoulder, "I did my own research~". "then.. would you like Johan Seong to be your temporary bodyguard at night?", he asked.

She thought about the consequences of changing the plot, 'if this change could help Johan from getting on Zack's bad side, then maybe I should try', she slowly nodded her head, "sure~ contact him and if he can work starting next week that'd be great!". "I can tell him to start working tomorrow hmm... or maybe even better, you can go visit and recruit him, bring either Gun or Goo with you", he send another email of a location and Goo's contact number.

She sighed to herself, "I'll visit the day after tomorrow, I have a friendly date with a friend of mine". He raise an eyebrow at her, "is this date you're talking about the one who bought you that phone?". She smiled widely, "spot on uncle!". He chuckled, "your connections are pretty good, it'd be great if you could influence him into joining our company, do you perhaps know any of his trait that could be useful?".

She played with strands of her own hair, "all I know is that he's good at both fighting and making money which reminds me.. I'm sure one of the geniuses will take a liking to him", she giggled in the end, "but! I don't plan on using him for uncle's benefit, he's afterall one of my favourite characters".

He laughed before smirking, "you and your choice of words, anyway go ahead and get back I'll inform one of them to assist you the day after tomorrow". "Okiii, I need to catch up on reading my manhwa anyway, good night uncle!", she skipped over to him and lightly hug him before going into the lift. "Manhua..?", he looked it up in the internet to check what she was talking about only to chuckle, "she's into these stuff I see", before jotting it down on a notepad.

(Y/n), on the other hand, went back to the lobby and waited for Gun since he said he was gonna pick her up. "I guess they don't frequent here, I thought I'd get to see them", she muttered under her breath while looking around the lobby and enjoying a hot choco prepared by the admin. She checked her phone for update and smiled, "there's an update", she squealed while biting her bottom lip in excitement.

She scrolled through the website, and read the webnovel she recently found that could only be found in this world, which makes her more excited. "I need to finish reading this webnovel before I go back", she pressed her lips together while grinning ear-to-ear.

"Go back where?", a deep husky voice interrupted her thoughts making the girl jump in her place. "Da heck Gun!", she huffed and immediately shut her phone, "took you long enough", she snapped playfully as she finally stood up from her seat. "I just saw someone I knew,..... would you be okay if we start working out tonight? Not extreme as before", he said before taking her bag with him. She walked next to him towards his red sports car, "light working out, right?". He nodded his head as he swung open his car door, while (y/n) was already sitting on the passenger seat.

"Do you not want to?", he spared a glance at her while he started the engine. "I meannn.. I did rested a lot  but can we eat first? I haven't had dinner yet". "Would you prefer we work out first or eat dinner first?", he asked and started driving. She shrugged her shoulder, "which one hurts less?". He smirked in the end, "both hurts". "You know what? Let's just do it tomorrow", she rolled her eyes and puffed her cheeks while looking away.