05

Min-Ji's pov

I somehow got lost in Jeonghan's beautiful eyes and smile. I didn't even realize how long I'd been staring at him until Mingyu cleared his throat from behind us. I snapped myself out of my gaze and looked back toward Mingyu.

"I have everything under control here, Min why don't you go with him? He can show you around a bit." Mingyu winked at me teasingly causing Jeonghan to give a low warning growl. I giggled softly and nodded.

"Okay Gyu, call me when the food is ready." I said smiling softly before pulling Jeonghan out of the kitchen. "So where to?" I asked softly.

Jeonghan smiled down at me as he grasped my hand in his. I smiled shyly as I felt the tingles go up my arm. "Let's go introduced you to some of the others, you've met Seungkwan already let's go introduce you to the rest of the pack." He said softly pulling me toward the living room.

Smiling softly, I followed him to the living room where I halted my movements when I suddenly got a whiff of what smelled like summer rain and fresh cut grass. I inhaled deeply.

"Mate!" An unknown man and I said at the same time. I made eye contact with the unknown man. His eyes were yellow just like Jeonghan's. He looked to be able 6ft tall. From his features I could tell he was foreign.

"Jun this is Min-Ji. Min-Ji this is Wen Junhui or as we call him Jun." Jeonghan smiled introducing me to the tall man. I smiled softly looking into Jun's eyes.

"Hello Jun." I said smiling sweetly. "It's nice to meet you." I added softly. I almost got lost in his eyes as I stared at him. If it weren't for Jeonghan squeezing my hand I would have lost myself in Jun's eyes.

Jun smiled softly at me. "Hey Min-Ji, it's nice to meet you as well." He said softly. "It looks like we found our missing puzzle piece." He said turning to look at Jeonghan causing him to nod in agreement.

"We found our missing puzzle piece?" An unfamiliar voice asked from behind us causing to turn around so quickly I would have had whiplash if I were a normal human. I looked up at the unknown man whose eyes turned the same beautiful yellow as the others the second we made eye contact. "Mate/Mine." We said at the same time.

"Seungcheol. I'm Choi Seungcheol. I'm the Beta of this pack." He said smiling softly. "It's a pleasure to have you here."

I smiled softly and bowed respectfully to the beta. "It's a pleasure to be here Mr Choi." I said sweetly. "I'm gonna go help Mingyu, he just cut himself." I said causing the others to be confused and follow me to the kitchen where I helped Mingyu treat his cut finger. "You should be more careful Gyu." I said softly as I wrapped a bandage around his finger.

"How the hell did you know he cut himself?" Seungcheol exclaimed in shock.

"I have an incredible sense of hearing." I told them as I made sure Mingyu's cut was properly tended to. "How did you even cut yourself Gyu?" I asked looking up at the taller man.

"I smelled something sweet like roses and peaches." He pouted causing himself to look like an adorable puppy.

I tilted my head up slightly and sniffed the air. I could smell the scent he had mentioned. "Someone watch the food please." I said before grasping Mingyu's wrist and pulling him toward the scent. The scent lead me to the front door. I opened the front door just as a beautiful young girl was getting ready to knock.

Mingyu gasped softly as he saw her. "Mate." He muttered under his breath. I noticed that both the girl and Mingyu's eyes had turned bright blue as they made eye contact. "Gyu I will leave you with the pretty girl. Have fun." I smiled to them before heading back to the kitchen.

I walked up behind Jeonghan who had taken over cooking and began helping him finish the food. "What was that about?" He asked as he made sure what he was cooking had been cooked properly. "Mingyu met his mate. She's really pretty." I told him as I finished cooking the meat.

Everyone was sitting around the table eating the food that Mingyu, Jeonghan and I had cooked. I couldn't really focus on the food. My sense of smell had taken over the second everyone was gathered at the table. I tried holding my breath and kept my head down so I could get through the meal, however the moon goddess seemed to have a different plan for me.

A man that I hadn't met got up from his spot in the middle of the meal and made his way to me. The man had one of the most intimidating auras I'd ever felt before. I closed my eyes and held my breath the closer he got, the stronger his scent was. He placed his fingers under my chin sending what felt like a bolt of electricity through my entire body. He slowly lifted my head to look at him.

"Open your eyes." He said sternly. "Now!" He growled causing me to open my eyes and looked into his beautiful bright greenish blue eyes. "Mine!" He exclaimed sternly claiming me as his own. The tone in his voice left me slightly shaken, along with the color of his eyes. This man wasn't just my mate he was my higher mate. "What's your name?" He asked in an almost demanding tone.

"M..Min-Ji... my name is Min-Ji." I stammered out as tears filled my eyes, threatening to fall. I didn't dare look away from his eyes afraid he'd do something if I did. He reminded me of someone I'd dated in the past. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize the tears flowing from my eyes. The tears falling from my eyes caused Jihoon, Chan and Seungkwan to rush over to the man and pull him away from me. The second our skin lost contact my body began shaking.

Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jun came closer to me and tried to calm me down with the mate bond but their touch only made the shaking worse. I lost control of my body and pulled away from them. It didn't matter how much I wanted to be held by them, my body didn't want their touch. "No! No don't hurt them!" I suddenly screamed in fear as my mind replayed that trauma I'd been through only a year prior to this situation.

"Hey Min, it's okay oppa's right here. It's over now he's gone he can't hurt you anymore. Chan and I are safe he's gone bunny." Jihoon said pulling me against his chest holding me tightly. No matter how much I struggled he wouldn't let me go. "It's okay bunny I'm right here." He said with a soothing tone.

"Okay does someone want to tell us what the fuck is going on!?" Jun growled wanting to know why his mate completely freaked out.

Chan sighed as he and Seungkwan continued holding the man back. "Our oh so loving alpha Minghao just triggered Min-Ji's trauma." He explained as Jihoon continued calming me down.