1

☦︎︎Bʀᴀɴᴅɪ
☦︎︎Jᴜɴᴇ 6ᴛʜ

"momma i'm homeeeee" I said as I walked in the house.

"brandiiiiii" my sister ran to the front door and jumped on me.

"hi baby" I hugged her back.

"i missed you"

"i missed you too"

Ma- "is that my first borrnnnn"

"yes ma'am it issss" I put Bailey down and hugged my momma.

Ma- "how you been baby"

"good, glad to be home permanently again" I said as we walked to the kitchen and sat down.

B- "we goin ova tt house sunday" she said smiling.

Ma- "yea and you'd never guess who finally came home"

"who?"

B- "Jah" I hid my true reaction to that and smiled.

Ma- "it'll be nice for y'all to see each other cause it's been so long"

"yea"

Ma- "but have you found a place? job?"

"yup, made sure i did everything before coming back, didn't wanna have to stay here till i found sum"

Ma- "damn why not" she asked scrunching up her face.

"not like that momma" I said laughing

"but once I get fully moved in and stuff i'll have y'all over"

Ma- "maybe ask jah to help you move in"

"naw i got it" I said quickly shutting that idea down.

"but, i did just come to say hi, i have grown women things to do" I said getting up.

B- "you're leaving again?" she asked and you could see the sadness in her eyes.

"i'm coming back li, i promise i'm not leaving leaving this time" she smiled again and hugged me. I hugged my mom and then left out.

I was in school in North Carolina which is far from my home in Chicago. So, they weren't able to visit as much but we got on facetime a lot but it still wasn't enough. I'm glad I'm back, as much as I always said I wanted to move away from here when I was younger this is my home and a city I love dearly. I will be traveling like a mothafucka tho.

I made my way ova to my apartment which was downtown so you know I'm paying big money to live here. I like it though.

"hi you must be brandi?" this stunning older black women said.

"yes that's me"

"great, your movers came by earlier and dropped everything off, i let them into the apartment"

"i wish they would've called and said they were coming earlier, i would've been here, i'm sorry"

"you're fine sweetheart, but if you need any other help i'll gladly call somebody"

"thank you" I smiled at her and went up. Once I got to the apartment everything was in the front.

"damn, they coulda did this better" I spoke to myself. The first few things I saw that were easy to move around was stuff for the guest bedrooms. I took my stuff off and put my hair up and got to work. I'm so used to moving stuff around because when I was younger I'd change my room around so much and I did the same in college so I honestly got this. Ion like asking for help no way.

I didn't finish everything but I finished enough so I could sleep somewhere tonight. I start working again in two days so I have to set that room up tomorrow and good thing my wall stuff comes for it tomorrow. I already am booked for it, which is great causeeee I wanna go shopping and you needs money fa that.

It's not that late so I'm heading to the store to get me a few things for me to eat. As I was getting in the car I gotta call.

"HOE YOU BACK HOME AND AIN'T CALL MEEE!!!" my best friend Soraya yelled through the phone.

"sorry bae"

"sorry bae my ass, bitch" I laughed and then I got quiet cause I heard crying.

"i missed you so much and you just didn't tell me you were back"

"i'm sorry poo"

"whatever, ima come see you tomorrow" and she sounded fine. Lord I love her bipolar ass. We met right before I went to college.

"i gotta finish my apartment bookie"

"uhhh then i'll help, i just took my nails off and just took my sew-in out. girl i'm ready to work" I laughed hard and put my airpods in as I got out the car.

"i definitely missed you" I told her.

"ughhh i know right, buutttt-"

"who party" cause she always drag out words when she wanna go somewhere.

"a rapper's"

"who's?"

"top shatta" I've heard of him and some of his music, he's good.

"and how you hea about this?"

"girl it's everywhere, they sayin he back home so he wanna have a big party.

"when is it?"

"friday"

"ok"

"so what you doinnn"

"gettin a few things for me to eat and snack on, not full blown grocery shopping tho"

"coo coo"

"how bout you"

"nothin lookin at tv"

"so how you find out i was here"

"li called me from her ipad"

"that girl" and we both laughed.

"she's so funny tho"

"she is, but ima call you tomorrow when i wake up"

"ok girly, i love youuuu, glad you're back"

"i love you tooo" and we got off the phone. I was in the chips isle.

"brandi?" I looked up and turned my ass right back around and was about to walk off but he grabbed my arm.

"what you doin"

"gettin away from you, did i not make dat clear?"

"don't get all projects on me lil girl"

"lil my ass, now move" I said snatching my arm from him.

"what's ya problem g"

"get the fuck out my face, for real"

"i gotta see yo ass sunday, you might as well talk ta me"

"i'll be fake in front of our mommas, bye jashawn"

"don't be sayin my name like dat in public"

"boy we wit white people, they don't fuckin know you"

"you'on know dat"

"bye." I decided to grab my chips and went to check out. I hate how sexy he is. His voice got deeper, damn.