Chap6-Hopless Times

We had joined my Uncle's pack. Due to their school being a private werewolf school and being found out by hunters, the werewolves from my Uncle's pack will be joining my school. No one was hurt, thankfully. I was dreading school today. I really didn't want to go. 'He' was going to be there and I wondered if he was going to try something.

I dragged myself into Phillips car and closed the door,

"Phillip?" I asked

"Yes?"

"You're an Alpha and you need a pack to run. So what are you going to do?" I wondered.

"I'll start one up, later" came his simple answer.

"Does Rachel even know you're an alpha?"

"No"

"Why not? You should tell her. You're her mate" I pushed.

"She would tell Chase and then we would be in a lot of trouble"

"What do you mean?" I mused.

"Three alphas in one school and one without a pack. I might as well put a sign over me saying come an attack me." he sighed at my slightly confused face, "Chase would see me as a threat"

"Oh" I muttered

I entered the school just as the bell went and headed for homeroom. I dodged Chase and all his friends till lunch. I met up with Jared and his friends outside. They were all guys and they all knew my situation. They helped cheer me up. One guy named Bruce brought me into a big hug and lifted me off the ground.

"Alex!" He said cheerfully

"You only saw me this morning" I muttered trying to get out of his strong grip.

"I know, but I missed you." he set me down " Now here's your lunch. A little birdy told me you didn't make any"

Just a heads up, Bruce is gay and he is proud of it.

"Thanks Bru, come on let's eat"

I sat down next to him and Jared. I was the only girl at the table but I didn't mind, I preferred guy friends then girls because you didn't have to deal with all the drama and backstabbing.

Jake said something that made me laugh and I choked on on my drink. The guys laughed at me while I coughed up a lung and Jared patted my back while chuckling slightly. I glared at them before taking a bite of my sandwich. Boys can be annoying sometimes though. I looked over at my brother, he had his arm around Rachel's waist. He seemed content and like he belonged but even surrounded by all these people I feel like an outsider still. Phillip never seemed to look at me. When we arrived at school he disappeared into the crowd, leaving me behind.

I sighed and took another bite, what was I going to do? My mate didn't want me, my brother is forgetting me,I would rather be dead then suffer through the pain of rejection again. The lunch bell went and I put my rubbish in the bin before walking off to gym.

We were climbing the rope. I was one of the few of the girls that got to the top and down safely. I sat on the bench feeling depressed and annoyed. Jessica was back with Chase and I had to watch her do mouth to mouth with Chase on the bench. I felt like hurling something at them.

I looked at my lap and curled my fists on my lap. I bit my tongue to stop myself from crying while I watched from the sidelines. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, it was becoming harder to show nothing was wrong, to show that I didn't mind being left behind. It was even harder with a the wolf inside me being coated in misery. 

"You okay?" I looked to see Jared, I smiled at him,

"Yeah." I sighed,  "it's just hard to see. Do you think we can leave?" I wondered.

"Sure, come on"

He helped me up and pulled me out the back doors as the bell went for last period which I wasn't going to go to. We went back to the pack house  that Phillip and I had just recently moved into and I walked up to my room. I sprawled out on my bed and looked at the ceiling. My  eyes closed falling into a deep sleep.

I woke up around dinner time. I changed into trackies and a black top, I put on my black sneakers and put my hair into a messy ponytail. I walked downstairs and was greeted by Jared, Phillip and *sigh* Chase in the lounge room.

I wanted to sneak past them but that didn't work-I hate how werewolves have a great sense of smell-Jared saw me and smiled,

"Feeling better?" He questioned and I wanted to hit him.

I nodded, then I realised I had to walk past them to get into the kitchen.

"Excuse me" I muttered as I went through them,

"Alex?" I stopped and looked at my brother,

"Yes?"

"Talk to Chase" he begged and I was shocked. Didn't he know what pains he put me through?

"No" I said instantly.

"Alex'' He said firmly.

"No Phillip." I sighed, "I can't believe you're on his side? Don't you know how many times he has hurt me? Just because you're happy with your mate doesn't mean that I have to be happy with mine" I growled at him, pushing him out the way.

I was hungry. Starving. I made myself a burger and scoffed it down before going outside for a run.

 I shifted and kept on running. I was never good with packs, I could never fit into one again. I really only had one pack and they were gone. I finished my run and was surprised to see Chase still there. I internally groaned. I wish he would just leave I thought.

"Alex, please talk to me" he pleaded once he saw me,

"No Chase" I said walking away from him but like the annoying guy he is, he followed me.

"Please Alex" he begged.

"I'm sorry Chase I j-just can't" I muttered.

"They tell me why Alex. Tell me" he sighed, "please just tell me" he looked into my eyes and I almost lost myself but I shook my head and stood my ground.

"I- I can't Chase" I said and begged him in my mind to just leave me alone. I looked straight at him, "If you cannot figure out why by yourself than you are stupider than I thought" I said before I ran away.

 I heard him call out my name but I didn't look back. I ran up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it, sliding down to the floor. I hugged my knees to my chest and sighed. Why couldn't I be braver than this? Right now I was just a coward and I hated it.

If Chase and I had met sooner, before my pack was killed. I wonder if we would have been mates straight away. I wondered if he would have accepted me and I wondered if I would have been happy.

I shook my head of these thoughts. My pack was gone and nothing was going to bring them back.

I had to accept that.