Chap9- Not so happy Birthday

Unknown POV

I through up my arms,

"What are you telling me!?!! That she has a mate already?!?? Kill him!!! Alex is mine!!!!"

I signed and ran a hand through my hair,

I had made a one sides promise years ago and we they didn't agree to it I kill off the stupid pack. They put up a pretty good fight but when their alpha's went down they were lost. Alexandra left with her brother, they hid and ran.

I finally found her and I wasn't about to lose her.

"You've been a bad girl Alex, a very bad girl"

Alex's POV

It was raining, I hugged the pillow to my chest and watched the rain fall from my window.

I blew out a dreaded sign, it was Californian rain. It was humid but raining. I closed my eyes and signed again. School was out for two weeks, it was the Easter holidays, my birthday was today as well but no one has to know about that.

I decided to get up, I put on Some black tracksuit pants and a plain grey top. I walked downstairs putting my hair in a messy ponytail.

I was picked up from behind me, I was chucked over a shoulder,

"Jared! Put me down!"

I hit and kicked his back,

"Noop"

"At least tell me where we are going"

He put me on the couch,

"Here you go milady" he bowed, an I gave him a curious look.

"What is wrong with you? Are you sick?"

"No, happy birthday, 17 is a glories age"

"No it's not, I'm just one year older, no big deal"

He covered his mouth is fake horror,

"No big deal! Of course it is a big deal!" He said dramatically, I rolled my eyes at him,

"No, it's not"

"What's not a big deal?" Chase said, walking in,

I gave Jared a look,

"Tell him, you die"

He put up his hands in surrender but smirked

"It's Alex's birthday!" He said before running off,

"That's it your dead!" I said jumping to my feet, Jared ran off.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Chase asked and pouted, I ran a hand down my face,

"Because it's not a big deal, I'm not the party type"

"You could of at least told me" he mumbled,

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I don't even know your birthday"

"21 of July"

"That's ages away,it is still April"

"I know but today is your birthday"

I looked at the ground, I remembered my sixteenth birthday, it was great. But it was only a memory, a figment of the past. I will never have a birthday with my parents by my side and I will never fill my dads warm embrace ever again.

My mum gave me a necklace, it was hers, the only thing I have left of hers.

"Alex? What's wrong? Why you crying?"

I touched under my eye and found out I was indeed crying.

"It's nothing" I wiped my eyes and looked at Chase with a smile, he frowned at me but let it go.

"Come one, I have to at least do something for your birthday"

"You've already come up with something?"

"Noop, I'm just going to wing it"

"Okay, let me get into better clothes"

He nodded and I bounced upstairs, I put on some dark jeans, a grey sweater and some converses. I put my hair into a neater ponytail, I walked back downstairs.

I met up with Chase, he smiled over at me and I walked over and hopped into the passenger side.

"So where are we off to?"

"I have no Idea still"

I rolled my eyes and watched the rain pater against the window. I breathed out and closed my eyes.

I felt the car stop and I opened my eyes, I looked to see that we were outside of Starbucks, I smiled at rolled my eyes, I guess it was a last minute thing.

We I entered I was surprised to see no one here, I looked around and the looked up at Chase with a raised eyebrow.

"A person in my pack is the boss around here"

I nodded and sat down, the curtains where drawn, giving us privacy. Food was placed in front of me,

"Lunch is served"

"Thank you"

"I know it is not that good but it's the best thing I could do"

"It's fine really. I'm not into the big party stuff"

Somehow Chase convinced me to dance with him, I rested my head on his shoulder and we swayed to the music.

"Chase?"

"Yeah?"

"I have to tell you something"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Half my pack is alive"

"What? Why didn't you tell me this?"

"I was scared okay, the want me. I have to hand myself in or I will never get my pack and they will kill them all"

"Oh Alex, you should've told me. I want to help you and there is no reason for you to be afraid, I'm here now"

I buried my face into his chest and let it all out, all the tears I had been trying to hide came pouring out of me. Chase hugged me tight as I cried.

Was it true? Was he really going to stay with me? More or less was he really going to protect me?