Chap14-Healing of the wounded

My wounds healed in a couple of weeks, I was back up and walking, my head spun as I was trying ways to process my brothers yapping with all my old pack mates and me being pushed into the corner as everything goes on, all the arrangements for a new pack house. Addy spends time with me but he has a life to, one that doesn’t revolve around me. Chase has been busy and I haven’t seen much of him lately. I’m not the type to want attention but I am bored and I want to talk to someone or at least get acknowledged from my mate.

I went outside for a run, but decided against it as I saw my brother but he didn’t even look at me as he passed me all he did was go upstairs to my mate’s office to become a better alpha or so he told me. Kelly walked over and I hugged her,

“That was mean, your brother didn’t even look at you and haven’t you found your mate? Where is he?”

“I don’t know where anyone is, I feel like a shadow”

“Have you talked to them about it?”

I nodded my head,

“Phillip yelled at me and told me that not everything was about me, Chase just stood aside”

“Come on we are having quality girl time, along with Addy”

We walked through the forest to see no patrols,

“That’s it I am taking control” I said and turned around, walking up to the office I barged in and their heads whipped up,

“Chase where’s your beta?”

“He is out doing pack business”

“Third in command?”

“Should be looking after the pack”

“Well he clearly is not, there are no patrols on around the border and I caught some unknown scents on your land. Clearly you are busy so I will take care of this and will take the first shift”

With that I walked out the door slamming it behind me, I ran a hand through my hair before getting to work, I got everyone’s names down for patrol, I leaned up against the tree as I looked around for those unknown scents. One was coming closer, I whipped around and shifted taking down a weak rouge, and I snapped its neck and shifted back into human form. I looked around and walked towards the scents leading just off our territory to see the rest of Azrels pack mates camping. I ran away back to my post to see the next patroller coming my way, I waved as we swopped places.

I entered the pack house with a sign; I walked upstairs and brushed my mouth getting the taste of the coppery blood out of my mouth. I looked in the mirror to see a pale face with bags which held a frown, green lifeless, tired eyes and boring black jet hair which flew behind me. I have been through too much to come out whole, I wonder how much more I can survive without disappearing completely.

I signed once again and walked out of the bathroom, I walked out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen where I heard shouting, I stopped at the entrance and leaned against the frame, Addy was having a go at Phillip and Chase.

“You don’t know what she is going through! You are always leaving her behind!”

“Addy that is enough” I didn’t shout or whisper but it got the attention of the whole room.

“Alex”

“That is enough Addy, it is okay. I am not afraid to be alone anymore, forget the stuff I told you back then, remember the past but also listen to the future”

“Alex, how do you…?”

“I’m sorry Addy, I’m so sorry. I never knew but yet you have been listening to all my problems, never once had I thought the bright person next to me was suffering”

“Alex, don’t”

“What was his name?”

“Daren”

I smiled and closed the distance between us, I hugged him tightly,

“I’m so sorry that we couldn’t save him, maybe if I went earlier..”

Addy pulled back, he looked me directly in the eye,

“Don’t think like that Alex, I will remember the past but it’s time to move on”

“It’s never time to move on”

“Can someone fill us in?” Phillip asked,

“Addy’s found his mate, Daren but we were too late, the person Azrel killed when I didn’t make it in time was Addy’s mate”

I hugged Addy one last time before pulling back, he grinned when someone contacted him through his mindlink,

“Come on, Kelly and I are kidnapping you”

“What-“

I was pulled outside and that’s when I spotted Kelly leaning against a car, Addy pulled me over to her and stuffed me into the car. I leaned my head on the window with a restless sign.

“Where are we going?”

“You might want to get comfortable, it is a long drive. I signed again and rolled the window down and stuck my feet out, leaning back I closed my eyes and let the summer wind blow against my face. About an hour later we arrived, I hopped out of the car and stretched, I looked around and that’s when I heard waves crash, I looked at them with a frown.

“I don’t have a swim suit”

“That’s where I come in”

Kelly handed me a one piece and some boardies, I go into the change rooms and get changed before handing her my clothes which she put into the car and locked it before following me in her bikini. I dug my feet into the sand before running off into the waves and diving right in. I loved how the cold body made my limps feel alive as I got up a wave came crashing down and brawled me under. I swam to closer to the shore before I came up. I met Kelly and Addy building a sand castle, I helped them and before we knew it the sun was setting.

We sat in the sand dunes and watched the sun go down, I laid my head on Addy’s shoulder and held Kelly’s hand, I breathed in the ocean scent.

“Thank-you guys”

“We know you love the ocean, we knew it would also cheer you up a bit but I still want to ring Chases neck”

“I think I may confront him”

“We will have your back”

I breathed out a thank you. Once the sun set we went back to the car, I washed myself off at the showers and not bothering to get changed I just wrapped a towel around me and got into the passenger side. I settled into a sleep and I awoke when the engine cut off, I looked to see we were at my pack house. I got out of the car with Kelly and Addy behind me; they both grabbed my hand, one of them on both of my sides.

“This night is not over” Kelly said

“Slumber party” Addy called out,

“Horror movies!” Kelly said, I grinned

“Bring it on”

~~

I threw popcorn at the T.V screen when the stupid victim ran upstairs! The killed can corner her when she has nowhere else to go. Addy choired in my complaining, agreeing with me. Rachel Phillip’s mate walked in,

“What’s all the noise?” she grinned,

“You know, just watchin’ horror movies. Yelling at the screen, typical move night”

“Where’s Chase?”

“Who Knows”

A person got stabbed and Kelly screamed, digging her head into my shoulder, I laughed and patted her back while teasing her. She glared at me before laughing along with me but my laughter soon died down and I started to cry because that’s when I felt the pain.

Chase was hurt.