Chapter 1

It was a beautiful day outside. Fresh snow on the ground, a few clouds in the sky and it wasn't too cold. Winter had just begun and Turg was excited. He had spent much of the day running around in the snowy fields, chasing his husbands through the snow, getting into snowball fights and eventually stopping to make things out of the snow. Turg wasn't sure what he was making, they were just odd shapes.
Turg was, well, a turg. A race from another realm who were the masters of magic. His nose was slightly above his eyes, had pale skin, long light grey hair with a beard and brown eyes. Below each of his eyes were six floating dots that got smaller as they got further from his face. He was wearing his black wool turtleneck, brown coat, dark green-ish brown pants and black boots along with his shiny gold amulet. It often glowed and was of a partial eclipsed sun inside a four sided diamond. 
Jim and Grim were observing him from the porch, Jim was exhausted from the running while Grim stayed by him in case he needed anything. Turg was worried about him, he was attacked by a werewolf a few nights ago that also only ate a chicken coop, not any of the chickens. Ever since the attack, Jim seemed to be a lot more paranoid and easily agitated than usual along with an unusual increase in body temperature. Turg couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more going on with Jim. Eventually Grim joined Turg, kneeling down next to him and asking "What are you making?"
"Don't know. Turg just make." Turg responded as he looked back at the porch to see if Jim was still there. Jim was not there anymore. 
Grim was a Reaper currently in that form. They had no face and a close-to-black skeleton under a dark purple-grey cloak that varied in shades. 
"Where Jim?" Turg asked Grim who replied with "He went to collect the eggs. Insisted he do it alone."
Made sense to Turg, Jim often did things alone and didn't like help, unless it was a life or death situation. 
"I know you meant 'where is Jim' but I can't help but to say that it sounds like you were referring to a werewolf version of him." Grim said to Turg, who looked back at Grim with his head slightly tilted. Grim laughed a bit before they then said "I know, my jokes are lame. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he became one."
"Why?" Turg asked out of curiosity. Grim knew Jim for longer than Turg has and always had some weird story about him to share. 
"He used to have those big animal costumes, fursuits I think they're called. Spent a lot of money on them. Not out of the realm of possibility for him to become a real anthropomorphic animal, especially now that we know they're around here." Grim explained to Turg. Turg kinda knew about that, Jim mentioned it once before but never elaborated. Turg also had a bit of an interest in it too. 
"He might not tell you these things because he finds it embarrassing. But he's a lot like you, you two have a lot in common, even if it may not seem like it." Grim told Turg, who only smiled in response. He didn't think he would ever meet people like Jim and Grim, he was very glad he did. They didn't ever judge his interests or how he expressed himself. 
"Sometimes I wonder if every terrible thing that happened to him in his youth didn't happen, would he be a lot more like you?" Grim asked themselves out-loud. Turg never thought about it, he knew he couldn't change the past and he didn't like dwelling on it. Turg hated thinking about his past life before he met Jim. Considered it the version of him that died. 
"Maybe." Was Turg's only response to Grim's question. Turg continued to pack snow into random shapes as Jim would sneak up on Turg, startling him for a change by poking his shoulders. Turg immediately turned around to see him and threw snow at him. Jim backed away as he brushed the snow off his face while saying "Yeah, I deserved that."
Turg then grabbed Jim by the arm and pulled him down so he could be laying on top of Turg. Jim quickly sat up again and was visibly blushing as Grim commented "You used to hate it when I did that, Jim."
Jim gave Grim the side-eye and told them "That was before I changed as a person."
"You are no longer the man I originally married, you've become an entire different person." Grim told Jim. Turg agreed, despite not knowing Jim during those time periods of his life. He only ever knew Jim as some clever powerful man who was trying to become better. 
"I hope that's not an issue because I like who I am now." Jim said to Grim as Turg sat back up off the ground. 
"It is no issue, I also like who you are now." Grim said back to Jim while Turg started leaning on him. Jim smiled as Turg started noticing that Jim was getting very warm with the snow around him starting to melt. 
"Are you feeling okay? You're suddenly much warmer than the average human." Grim asked Jim out of concern. Jim responded with "It's just a fever, nothing to worry about." 
"You are causing the snow around you to melt." Grim informed Jim as he looked around him and replied "That I am."
Jim would then stand up and say "I think I need to go back to bed."
Turg also stood back up so he could go with Jim, he wanted to make sure he was going to be okay. He started holding Jim's very warm hand and looking at him with big eyes. 
"Please don't worry too much about me, I'll be fine. I've been through much worse than this." Jim assured Turg as his hand suddenly became too hot to hold. Turg let go as Jim fell to his hands and knees while breathing heavily. Not knowing what to do, Turg froze up next to him while Grim tried to get a response out of him. Jim then sprung back up and immediately started fighting Grim. Grim would summon their scythe and shove Jim to the ground with the handle. 
"Jim, that isn't funny." Grim told Jim as Turg noticed that his eyes had turned bright red with a glowing aura around them. He likely wasn't being himself. Turg didn't know how to tell Grim, he wanted to speak but no words were coming out. 
Jim sprung back up and grabbed the scythe from Grim's hands, attempting to take a swing at them with it only for them to dematerialize and reappear behind Jim. They re-summoned their scythe so it wouldn't be in Jim's hands anymore. Jim would then target Turg and start running towards him. Turg stood his ground and defended himself from his husband, he knew it wasn't truly Jim. Turg put his arms around him and tried using his healing magic on him, ignoring how hot he was in temperature. Jim was trying to free himself from Turg but he would only hold onto Jim tighter. Jim managed to free one arm and scratch Turg's face with his rather sharp nails. Turg then recoiled to tend to his sudden wound, freeing Jim. Turg had his hands over his face while he was healing himself. Once he removed them from his face and could see again he saw Jim was on the ground with Grim standing over him. 
"What has gotten into you this time?" Grim rather angrily asked Jim before asking Turg with a more caring tone "Are you hurt?"
Turg shook his head, even though he could still feel the scratch. Grim knelt down and held Jim's hand to point out "He seems to have grown claws and random white hairs."
Turg kneeled down next to Grim to also take a look as Grim then asked "Was he bitten by that werewolf?"
Turg didn't know, Jim never told him anything about being bitten, only that it won against him. 
"We better let him fully transform if that's the case, but in a safer spot." Grim said as they stood up again. 
"Jim be okay?" Turg asked Grim, who answered with "Hard to say at the moment, we better get him back inside."