Chapter 9: Applebuck Season (Part 2)

Groaning in effort Diamond picked up a box of several balloons with his magic as his horn lit up, moving over to Twilight who was overseeing the preparations for AJ's party.

Diamond Voice: Where do you want this Twilight?

Twilight looked towards Pinkie Pie who was rapidly putting up the ballons at a pace that shouldn't even be possible.

Twilight Sparkle: If you give it to Pinkie she will set it up.

Diamond nodded and went over to Pinkie who had a wide grin on her face she was excited for the party after all she is the party planner.

Diamond Voice: Here you go Pinkie, one box of several balloons and this should be the final box of decorations.

Pinkie Pie: Yippie! Thank you, Diamond. I'll make sure you're next party will be extra special.

Pinkie easily lifted the box with her hooves as Diamond's horn went back to normal his magic no longer being channelled.

Twilight looked around for a second.

Twilight Sparkle: We all ready?

She received her answer soon after.

Rarity: Just one last thing. Now we're ready.

Twilight nodded in response.

Twilight Sparkle: Is Applejack all set?

Everypony was silent, no pony has seen her for the entire week. Well besides Diamond that is who already knew that AJ was exhausting herself from all the favours she was doing for everypony.

Rainbow Dash: Actually, I haven't seen her all week.

Diamond Voice: I saw her two days ago, but not around Ponyville.

Rainbow Dash: Well... she'll be here for sure. Applejack is never late.

Diamond stood still for a second.

Diamond Voice: I somehow doubt that today Rainbow.

Diamond went over to Twilight who looked quite stressed as she was preparing her little speech to give to the ponies of Ponyville.

Diamond Voice: Still nervous?

Twilight slowly nodded slight dread on her face.

Twilight Sparkle: What if I mess it up... what if I stumble over my words or get too shy or-

Diamond wrapped one of his hooves around Twilight to calm her down.

Diamond Voice: Don't worry yourself over it, if you mess up I'll step in and do it for you.

Twilight nodded her head gently.

Twilight Sparkle: You're right Diamond, I just need to focus and project my voice.

Diamond chuckled at the goofy look on the bookworm's face.

Diamond Voice: I'm sure you will Twilight, you're the bearer of the Element of Magic after all.

Diamond Voice (Mind): Soon to be Princess of Friendship as well.

Diamond Voice: Now, deliver that little speech Twilight. I'll be watching.

Nodding with determination Twilight went to where she could be seen by the ponies of Ponyville.

Twilight Sparkle: Welcome, everypony! Today we are here to honour a pony we can always count on to help in matters great and small, A pony whose contributions to—

Rainbow Dash: Did you see Applejack's slick moves out there? What an athlete. This week she's gonna help me with my new flying trick, and I know it's gonna be so awesome.