I Think I'm In Love With You (Requested)

"Ok, girls, we'll be back in a few hours. Katie, sweetie, please call me if something happens, ok?" Mrs Torres says.

Katie rolls her eyes, and you nudge her, shaking your head. You turn to her mother with a smile "Of course, Mrs Torres. I hope you have a great time!"

Katie's dad returns to the house. "Alison, let's go, please. The kids are getting impatient", he chuckles.

Mrs Torres nods and hugs you both before she leaves, closing the door behind her.

Katie smirks at you, heading to the kitchen. You follow her with an amused look.

She opens the fridge and takes out two beers, handing you one. You grab the bottle opener and open both your beers.

You take a swig, and Katie laughs. "Damn, Y/n, my mom would never believe what I'm seeing. You're always such a sweetheart around her," she teases.

You chuckle. "Shut up; your parents are pretty chill compared to mine. Besides, if I get on their bad side, how would I visit my least favourite person?" you blow her a kiss, and she pushes you playfully.

Soon you're both sitting on the couch, watching a movie.

Katie was unusually quiet. By now, you'd hear one of her sarcastic remarks about what you're watching, yet she hasn't spoken since you sat down.

"Everything alright?" you speak up, turning your head to look at her.

She nods, mumbling, "Just thinking."

"What about? Is something worrying you?" you frown.

She grins, pinching your cheek. "Look at you being caring and nice for once."

You take her hand off your cheek, giving her a soft smile. "Oh, come on, I've known you since we were two. I can tell something's up. Are you worried about college?"

She shakes her head, taking a sip of her beer. You notice she hadn't pulled her hand away from yours. Your heart speeds up a bit.

She sighs. "I have a crush, and it's annoying."

You gasp dramatically. "Katie Torres has a crush!?!"

She rolls her eyes. "Nevermind."

You grin, moving closer to her and touching her shoulder. "I wanna hear all about him."

At that, you feel her freeze slightly. She mumbles, something that you barely catch.

"Why do you assume it's a him?"

You lift your head from her shoulder, looking at her confusedly.

Katie had a crush on a girl?

So many emotions instantly ran through your mind. You were so happy it wasn't one of those imbecile boys from high school or someone she'd seen at college.

You also felt a bitter feeling. Jealousy perhaps?

No, you're not allowed to think that.

She's your best friend.

Katie looked at you worriedly as you turned your attention back to her.

"Please say something", she whispers, sounding like she is getting upset.

You grab the beer from her hand and put your own on the coffee table before pulling her into a hug.

She melts into your embrace, her chin resting on your shoulder.

"Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me. I'm proud of you," you whisper into her ear.

She pulls back to smile at you. "Who else would I have told Y/n? I trust you the most."