Chapter Twenty Six: Necro; An Abrupt End to a Liar

Nathan's tired eyes popped open to the sound of his door clicking open. He hadn't gotten much sleep lately, with everything going on and the dreams that he could never remember but always gave him a sense of dread whenever he thought about them. He stretched out on his bed and lifted his head slightly, seeing that his door was cracked open. He frowned, knowing that he had closed it before bed. This meant to him that that was the noise had woken him up.

Sitting up on his bed slowly, Nathan stared at the door for a minute or two while he got his bearings and waited to see if someone was coming in. He slowly got out of bed and checked it out when nothing happened. He poked his head out the door and noticed nobody in the hallway, including any Klokateers, which was odd. Even more baffling, as he stepped out into the hallway and shivered as the cold flooring hit his bare feet, he noticed the exit was wide open. 

Raising his brow, Nathan walked over to it and peeked out. All the doors leading to the 'rehab' center were open, inviting him to walk out and leave. He accepted the invitation.

~~~

Everyone could tell by this point that Bones had quite a bit of an obsession with Murderface, even Murderface himself. When the stranger wasn't talking to Abigail and Murderface was outside his room, he was always next to him, chatting his ear off. It was both a little unnerving and also slightly overwhelming.

Murderface also found himself leaving his room many more times than he usually would so he could see if Bones would conveniently be there every time; he was. He always had a cheeky smile the second he spotted Murderface, which made the bassist feel sick in a weird way. Not necessarily disgusted or repulsed, but as if he had eaten an excessive amount of candy before a show and was afraid of puking in the middle of it. So nervousness, probably.

Speaking of Bones, Murderface was eating one of the meals handed to them from the partial meeting room, partial lunchroom with the guy staring at him across the small, round table. Murderface didn't exactly hear what the other was talking about because he had learned to tune him out a while ago, but the guy seemed enthusiastic and excited. He made sure not to directly look over at Bones because his eyes felt so consuming, but he did hum a response every so often and darted his eyes over once in a while. He didn't know why he wanted to seem like he was paying attention. Maybe terror? Or obligation, since he was the only one who actually wanted to go near Murderface, now?

The doors opened, and Murderface saw Salem entering from the corner of his eye. His breath hitched lightly to see the short drummer walk in, and he turned his head to keep them out of his vision altogether. The soreness of Pickles' biting attitude still stung him, and he didn't want to deal with the same thing from Salem for any reason. However, now that his head was turned, he couldn't help but see Bones' intense stare toward him, which made him flinch instinctively.

"What?" Murderface demanded, feeling self-conscious. 

Bones had that sickly sweet smile that made Murderface nauseous. He half-expected something witty, so he was surprised when the other said softly, "You just look very nice today."

Murderface was so taken aback that all he could stammer was, "Uh, I uh- th- thanksch?"

When Bones' eyes finally trailed away from Murderface to look out the window next to them, Murderface took the time to study him this time. He never seemed neither sad nor happy; his face was either excitable wickedness or passive-neutral while deep in thought. Right now, he was in thought, tapping every so often while he stared at the rolling waves hitting the sides of Mordhaus. Murderface could hear the faint splashing from the whales that continued to swarm and consume the waters around them.

Bones looked back a moment later and smirked when Murderface's eyes met his, his other, third demeanor returning; flirtatiousness. "Like what you see? It's okay - I know I look very nice today, too."