5. jungkook

Jungkook had been to Silvia once. When he was 13, Jungwon and Jungkook had a fight (daily occurrence), and Jungwon tried to escape to Silvia trough a portal he opened. Jungkook managed to slip in before the portal disappeared. It hadn't fazed him then, didn't faze him when he came back five years later.

Silvia was just one of the magical lands co-existing with the human world, created because of an overpopulation problem millions of years ago. Also, lack of acceptance for magic in many parts of the world. Which didn't surprise Jungkook when Kwan told him about it. The world didn't seem to be accepting of many groups different than the "norm" - the world's comfort zone people.

Placed in another dimension one could only enter through a carefully crafted portal. Kwan opened one for them now, in their father's office room, and they walked onto a wide meadow. The air was still, almost unnaturally.

The cartoonish colors freaked Jungkook out. Nothing could possibly be this bright. Permanently turned up saturation. Every piece of this land looked ready to be photographed. Jungkook hated perfection. It messed with people's heads. The longer they watched something presumably perfect, the less respect they had for everything else.

Emerald grass, glossy surface of water, perfect gentle waves. Manufactured. The sky was blue, with splashes of whirled colors and- was it glitter? He'd only seen designs like this on his nails when he asked for Aurora nails.

Jungkook and Jungwon followed Kwan across the meadow, until they stepped onto a well-trodden path. A river hummed beside them, as Kwan lead them through the place that was starting to get on Jungkook's nerves. Everything was so out of place. After half a mile, they were passing by a forest. Half a mile later, the forest was gone, and a hill was running down, dandelions covering most of it.

"Is this place deserted?" Jungkook asked. As for a place marketed as a 'land of magical creatures', he was overwhelmed with the abundance of nature and an absolute lack of anything capable of breathing.

"Not many creatures spend their time here. Life happens mostly in the south, on the other side of the castle," said Kwan.

"A castle." Jungkook scoffed, more to himself. "Is this some fairy tale?"

"You're in a magic land. What else do you expect?" Jungwon asked.

Jungkook eyed him up and down. Jungwon was supposed to be the one fitting this place best, but his all dark sneakers, hoodie and sweatpants were nothing close to what this place looked like. Even Jungkook seemed better prepared than his brother. His mint hair was totally made for this place. With the outfit, he could easily pass as some overgrown fairy.

"You could at least look more presentable."

Jungwon slipped his hands into his pockets. "I don't need to dress up to be better than you in this competition."

"I don't dress up because I lack something. I dress up because it's a sin not to show this off." Jungkook dramatically pointed at his body. "You wouldn't understand."

"You're right, I don't."

"There." Kwan pointed to the left. On yet another meadow, full with blue and pink flowers, two white unicorns had a conversation. One of them had glasses on. Jungkook didn't mean to glare, but the only time he's seen a unicorn was in a movie. He might have lived with a dragon, but that whole place was so bizarre he felt like someone put him on the set of My Little Pony. "We're stepping into a livelier area."

The place was looking busier. Fairies – those the size of his finger and those the size of his whole leg – flew around. Some of them carried fruits Jungkook wouldn't name, some danced. A goblin threw a chestnut at him. Two forest nymphs were trying their best to flirt with him, but Jungkook kindly told them he'd rather have someone of the other gender flirt with him.