Year 5 [1988]

"You lazy bastard. I'm so bored here, open your eyes, sleepyhead."

Entering the fifth year he felt himself being drawn more and more into madness. It wasn't like he never talked to himself before, but for this year it seems like he's been grumbling to himself almost all the time.

He groaned lazily and his hands hugged his knees which he bent up to his chest, even though he wasn't actually on the floor. "Today there was a little kid crying near the stage, it was ridiculous, I wanted to gag him. He's such a crybaby, but you were more a crybaby before." He didn't care at all the other person didn't respond to every word he said. "Now look at you, a corpse."

His purple eyes stared into the costume, then he snorted loudly before looking away and using his hand to rest his head. The restaurant had closed two hours ago and he had taken a long nap earlier, now he didn't know what to do but wait. There were still two hours until the night watchman arrived and he could watch the animatronics begin their act of terror.

Thinking about that, he pursed his lips and frowned deeply. "Your efforts are really useless if they're not free in the end."

The room was silent for several minutes.

He glanced sideways at the rusty mass of suit, before he let out another groan of annoyance. "I am really bored!"

"Shut up."

Glitchtrap was taken aback for a moment, he glanced around the room—was it just his hallucination? Was he really starting to lose his mind? The voice suddenly resounded and he didn't know where it came from, the voice belonged to William.

Quickly he looked ahead; a pair of eyes that he had thought were dead stabbed into his gaze, before the glare quickly faded again.

"William?"

He floated closer hastily—was it only his feelings? "William, are you still alive? But you look dead, very dead, rotting too, you smell awful."

"And you look like an idiot. Fucking moron."

And then the realization hit him; the voice came from their connected subconscious. Did that mean he can head into that man's mind again? Likely, yes. However, when he tried to enter, something was still blocking him.

Before he didn't know why he couldn't enter, but this time it was different.

"William! Let me in!"

"No, you make me dizzy, shut up."

This man deliberately locked his mind so he couldn't enter.

"Come on! Will! I don't want to be outside, it's scary in here at night!"

"You've never looked in the mirror?"

"You haven't reflected on your current condition."

"That's it. Have fun out there."

"William! I was just kidding—let me in, William! Will! I won't do it again! Come on!"

William didn't reply after that.