Year 12 [BONUS]

-Current time-

"Hey."

"Hm?"

"Can I ask something?"

Vincent's gaze rolled from his plate to William who looked straight at him as he put a spoonful of food into his mouth. It felt so random in the middle of breakfast. "Sure," he replied casually. "Also Chris, don't play with your vegetables and eat."

Chris puffed out his cheeks in annoyance and put a piece of broccoli in his mouth.

"At that time," William started his question, "when I was still stuck in parts and service, you suddenly apologized to me and said that you should have done something when that happened blah blah blah. What did you mean?" William raised his eyebrows in confusion, he never knew the answer, and only thought of asking now. "Michael, don't play with your phone while eating."

"Oh damn it." Michael grumbled and rolled his eyes boredly, tucking his phone into his pocket.

"Apologize?" The black-haired man put his cutlery on the table and tried to remember what his husband meant. Soon he rounded his mouth, having remembered it. "Oh, there were two things."

"What?"

"First, when those kids killed you. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't even get close to you because their anger was blocking me, especially Cassidy's wrath." Vincent flashed a faint smile at him, he could feel his cheeks warming briefly. "The second thing when your mother killed me, if I had done something back then maybe I could have survived and we wouldn't have ended up like this." Vincent shrugged his shoulders before he raised his spoon again. "But that has all happened and passed, it's in the past now. Ennard stop bothering your sister."

Ennard chuckled and once again pulled Elizabeth's cheek until the girl protested in exasperation for the several times as she brushed his hand away.

William nodded in understanding when he heard the explanation, now it was clear and his curiosity had been answered. This meant that Vincent had really mean it at that time, not just as a cover to get him to forgive him regarding their previous argument. "Then where did you go after that?"

"Just checking the nightguard," Vincent answered calmly. "It turned out he already died in the office, that's it."

"The kids did it?"

"Who else?" Vincent flashed an amused smile before he chuckled softly. "Do you have any other questions, darling?"

"Yes."

Vincent raised an eyebrow and maintained the smile, waiting for the continuation of William's words.

"Why are you so hot?"

Their four children immediately groaned in annoyance at the same time.