Year 21 [2005]

"Glitchtrap."

He cocked his head back, his gaze fixed on the rabbit mascot lying in the corner of the room, the bright yellow color slowly fading, turning rotten green, rusty as well. He floated closer and crouched down, leveling their eyes. "Yes?"

"Has anything happened recently?"

Of course William still needed him to know what was going on out there, he was trapped in this room without being able to do anything. The virus walked away, came closer to the window, poked his head out. "Well, cities are starting to be built, but that seems to be it." Then he returned to his original place, sat in front of the spring and smiled behind the mask. "The animatronics aren't doing anything either, just sitting there. Sleep, maybe? Or blocked by 'something' to the point where they can no longer move?"

Pausing for a moment, he teleported into William's mind space and found the brown-haired man glaring at the floor with an inexplicable look, as if there were many thoughts in his head. "Don't they know I'm here?" There was a pause, he let William continue his words. "That kid, the kid I put in the Fredbear costume."

"Big zero, I never saw him active again after this place closed completely. Just like his other friends."

William suddenly looked up, staring at him with his eyebrows pulled upwards. "Henry ... Henry destroyed them before the restaurant closed. Do you think that has anything to do with why they're no longer active now? Or the guy you said back then in 1992 or 1991? You said he destroyed them too; or is there something else that makes them no longer active? Are they still trapped inside or have they been free?" William paused again, his breath shortening. "Or do we have to do a process to actually free them or will they still haunt this place?"

He moved closer, William didn't move as he grabbed both of his shoulders. "You're starting to panic again, William, calm down. Calm." He gripped William's shoulder lightly while the man seemed to be trying to regain his breath and self-control. "Don't worry about that, I will find a way." His hand lowered and reached out in front of Afton, he watched how the brunette hesitantly placed his own hands on his palms. He gradually grasped them gently. "Everything will be fine."

"Everything will be fine." William repeated his words many times until his mumbling was no longer clear. William's grip on him tightened without warning, there was still a terrified expression on his face, eyes twitching and eyebrows knitted together. "I don't know how to do it, I don't know how to fix this, I don't know how to make it right, I don't know—please ... help me."

He was silent for a while. "I will."