chapter 9

The week after their meet in the hall, Lorenzo snuck out of the castle at night and went down to Hagrid's hut. He watched Hagrid leave into the forbidden forest before he went to the main door and waited outside. Five minutes had past and there was still no sign of Alice, so he decided to leave, when a rock slid right past his head from behind him. "You're so impatient," Alice said, sitting on the roof. Lorenzo turned around and looked up at her. "Come down there and show me that you are who you say you are," Lorenzo demanded, and Alice jumped down from the roof and walked towards him. 

"Did you talk to Lupin?" she asked him as she stood in front of him. "I did, yes. And he explained it all to me and did not ask me about why I wanted to know. Easier than you said it would be," Lorenzo answered. "And what did you find out?" Alice questioned. "Well, apparently the Eternal has all the powers of the immortals and powers of their own as well. An immortal only possesses one power while the Eternal has a lot more, as you already explained to me. Powerful wizards can feel their presence in a room and when they were born, every wizard in the world was able to feel it. Apparently, this feeling had occurred 62 years ago already according to some, so the Eternal is probably already alive. No one knows how to kill an immortal and definitely not how to kill the eternal," Lorenzo told her. 

"And now you want to tell me, that all this is you?" he added. "Yes, and by the end of this week, or this night even, you will definitely believe me," Alice responded. "You should actually have proof of me being what I am, because you already know I have more than one power," Alice said. "Yeah, but maybe I just remembered it all wrong," Lorenzo answered. Alice shook her hand and walked away from the hut. Then she turned around and looked at Lorenzo, who was just watching her leave. "Aren't you coming?" she asked him and waved him to her. Lorenzo came back to reality and ran next to her. Both walked down to the shore of the river and then sat down on two big rocks there. 

"Now, show me your 'powers'," Lorenzo said sarcastically and watched Alice. She sighted and then disappeared in front of him. "Well, I knew you could go invisible already, that is nothing new," Lorenzo said into the night. Alice reappeared behind him and then silently walked over to the rock where she sat on. She didn't say anything and just did her own thing with a straight face. Then she took a rock and let it float on front of her face. "I could do that with my wand, doesn't seem that hard," Lorenzo replied. Alice threw the rock on the ground and then closed her eyes. Suddenly, Lorenzo zoned out and after a minute came back to himself. 

"How did you," he started saying but suddenly he floated up into the air above the water. He was trying to get out of the force that had let him float into the air but could get out of it. His look was filled with fear as he looked down to the water. Then he looked at Alice, who was just staring at him, sitting on the rock and not moving. "I remembered you don't like water," Alice said, still looking at him. "Yeah, so let me down!" Lorenzo yelled, fidgeting in the air. The force pulled him from above the water and let him fall to the ground, right in front of Alice feet. 

He quickly got up and took a few steps back from Alice as she got up and walked towards him. He then tripped and slid himself over the floor, away from her. She suddenly levitated off the ground and landed right above him, holding him towards the ground with her force. "Don't underestimate what I can do, Enzo," Alice said, looking down at him. Lorenzo was panting, just looking at her with fear in his eyes. As he continued looking at her, he suddenly realized it. "You really are it," he gasped and then Alice let him and walked towards the rocks. 

"How did I never know it?" he asked her as he got up and sat back down on the rock. "I didn't know until a couple of months ago either," Alice answered. "That's just unbelievable," Lorenzo said, looking astound at her. "I probably have more abilities, I just don't know it yet," Alice replied. "But how are you able to warg into people. I thought only wargs can do that and as far as I know that is not an immortal power," Lorenzo questioned. "I also have powers, that aren't from the immortals. But turns out, I also am born a warg," she explained. "Are you still able to do it?" Alice eventually asked. "Warging?" Lorenzo asked, and Alice nodded. "I haven't done it in a long time, especially since I've been here, but I guess I could try," Lorenzo answered and then closed his eyes. For a minute nothing happened, but then Alice zoned out and after a couple of seconds later both were back in reality. "You are still able to do it," Alice said proudly.