four - spy games

Third Person POV ~~

"Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" Sarah Cameron asked the girl who stood a few feet away from her.

The two were shopping, for midsummers. Sydney tried to get out of it, already knowing herself that she didn't have a date, she saw no point in going. But once the blonde girl didn't stop, she knew she had to let herself get dragged along.

"Don't question my sunglasses, Cameron." Sydney responded, turning to her friend and holding the frame of her glasses, as if she were posing with them.

Sarah let out a laugh before rolling her eyes, "weirdo" she muttered, loud enough for Sydney to hear. 

"There's literally nothing good here, is the mainland really the only place where dresses don't look like they were thrifted then picked apart to create something else then patched back together?" Sarah ranted, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"You're just overexaggerating, see this one isn't too bad." Sydney held up a brown long sleeve dress, ending at the mid-thighs.

"Squid, I'd wear that in all honestly." Sarah admitted, "If I were attending a dead sea turtles funeral."

Sydney rolled her eyes at the girl before putting the dress back in its place.

She didn't know why people went all out for midsummers, it was, just like she said to Ross, a party where rich people flaunted out and about, bragging how rich they were. As if they didn't do that already on a daily basis. 

Sydney did like the flower crowns though, they were about the only thing she really enjoyed.

The two decided to take a break, stopping by a surf shop for a new pair of sunglasses for Sarah.

"These make me look absolutely exquisite don't you think, squid?" Sarah called out to her friend, trying on a pair of sunglasses that matched her face perfectly.

"They actually do, look at you making a good choice by yourself." Sydney responded back

Sarah took the glasses off and held them in her hand, making her way to the register and paying for them.

Sydney continued looking around the shop, eyeing all the different boards. She'd love a new board, but the one she had was especially unique, a friend had made it for her, all by himself. Since then, Sydney never bought another one, she knew how hard boards must be to make and found it thoughtful that someone committed that much time to make her one.

That friend was JJ Maybank.

Just like Kiara, Sydney had cut him off last year. 

Except for him, she had no specific reason, and that just made her all the more guilty. JJ was a good friend, a great one even. Although he didn't go to Kook academy, he's the one who first taught Sydney how to surf, laughing at her whenever she wiped out, he still stood by her and cheered when she caught her first wave by herself.

Sydney missed those times, carefree and not worrying about who thought what about her. She felt like a bitch for cutting him off specifically, but she didn't know how to make it up to him or even what excuse to give him if they ever crossed paths again.

"Boo!" a voice came behind her

Caught off guard, Sydney jumped, letting out a small scream before turning around to see her blonde friend laughing her ass off at her. 

Sydney rolled her eyes, looking at Sarah with no emotion on her face before pushing past her out the door.

Sarah caught up to the brunette, walking side-by-side, silent.