six - parcel 9

Third Person POV ~~

It turned out John B had a concussion...and a broken wrist, so it's safe to say that Sydney's advice to hold his head and neck still, actually did not work, but hey, she wasn't a medic. 

Sydney found this out from Pope, not from Sarah, as the two were somehow still not on speaking terms. Why the blonde was mad at her, Sydney still couldn't understand, and quite frankly, she wasn't making any attempt to be the first to apologize, cause what the hell did she do? 

Sydney was in her living room, parents out, bored out of her mind, flicking through different movies and TV shows on Netflix.

Occasionally turning on one, watching it for 5 minutes, growing bored, then switching to the next one.

Groaning, she shut off the TV, throwing the remote to the other side of the couch and leaning back, shutting her eyes.

Just as she was about to fall asleep, probably for a very nice six hour nap...

A knock woke her up.

"Fucking hell." Sydney said, rolling her eyes and getting up from her spot at the couch to open the door.

Opening the door, expecting to see Sarah, Ross, or hell even Topper. She saw Pope.

"Um, hey." The boy said, the air already becoming awkward.

"Um..hi?" Sydney responded, "How can I help you in my humble...abode..."

"Yeah, so uh," Pope started, actually making eye contact, "We, you know um the pogues and Sarah, are meeting at John B's for a sort of um, meeting."

Sydney nodded, waiting for more context

Pope got the idea, immediately elaborating, "We wanted to talk together about something. Um, I'm not exactly sure if you know what that is yet but yeah I'm supposed to come and get you so..." He paused, "Could you like...come?"

Sydney resisted the urge to giggle at him, "Yeah of course, your car?"

"I actually walked here."

"Ah, no worries, let's take mine." Sydney said grabbing her lanyard from the hook next to the door.

"Oh no it's fine, I can walk back-" Pope started, getting cut off by Sydney

"Pope, get in the damn car."

The boy raised his hands up in surrender, obeying and getting in the passenger side.

Sydney had only ever been to John B's house once before, the run down look of it still never failing to make her want to throw up. 

Once parked, she turned to look at Pope. 

"So, now can I know why exactly I'm here?"

"Yeah, I think that's something John B's gonna tell us." The boy said, giving her one last glance and exiting the car, shutting the door behind him.

"Hell of a job with that explanation, Einstein." She scoffed, following his lead and making her way to the porch once locking the car doors.

"Oh hell no, not her too!" She was immediately met with Kiara's voice.

Taking a look around she saw the rest of the pogues and Sarah sitting around the porch, all eyes on her.

"I literally just breathed." Sydney scoffed, staring at Kiara with her eyebrows creased, "It's not like I really had a choice to come here anyway?"

It was Kiara's turn to scoff now, turning away from the girl.

Seeing the only empty spot was next to Sarah, Sydney took it, not sparing the girl a glance, but she could feel Sarah's eyes on her.