nine - the bell tower

Third Person POV ~~

Peterkin laid coughing on the ground, clutching her stomach, as Rafe continued to point the gun at the three teenagers. Sarah's arms still had a tight grip around Sydney's waist, restraining her from trying to lunge at the boy. John B ignored the gun pointed in their direction, quickly moving to aid Peterkin.

"Hey! Hey-" He rushed to the sheriff, kneeling down to the ground, "It's okay, it's okay-- Where is it--" He quickly untied the bandana around his neck, hoping to stop the blood from flowing out at its fast pace. 

Sydney watched alongside Sarah as Rafe averted the gun to John B, training it on him as the boy tried to help the woman on the ground. Sarah's arm loosened around Sydney's waist as she sunk to the ground, sobs raking her body. Sydney couldn't find it in herself to cry, instead she was in a state of shock, watching John B try to help Peterkin as she stood frozen next to Sarah, the girl continuing to weep on the ground.

"Call....call!" Peterkin wheezed to John B, urging him to grab her radio, "Call for help!" John B listened, grabbing the cops radio and about to speak when Rafe yelled.

"Hey!" He pointed the gun at John B warningly, moving closer.

"Rafe no!" Sydney tried to inch towards him, "drop the gun!"

"Stay out of this Sydney!" He turned to face her, gun still pointed at John B, "for once in your life stay out of it!" 

All Sydney could do was stare back at him, still at a loss of words over what had just happened. Rafe had now diverted his attention from her back to John B, the boy still trying to help the cop on the ground.

"Don't try it asshole..." Rafe moved closer to him, gun still pointed.

"Rafe-- Here, John B give me the radio." Ward now came in between John B and Rafe, urging the boy to give him the radio that belonged to the cop. When Rafe tried to raise the gun again Ward was quick to intervene.

Sydney sunk to the ground next to Sarah, the girl still weeping uncontrollably, all Sydney could do was watch the scene unfold in front of them. She could see Peterkin whispering something to John B as Ward had moved Rafe away from them, conversing on the side of the plane.

Suddenly John B stood up, backing up to where Sydney and Sarah were crouched down, watching Peterkin's chest stop rising and falling, Sydney knew exactly what the boy was doing.

"Hey! Where are you going!" Rafe quickly pushed aside Ward, seeing John B start to leave the scene.

"Run!" Sarah hurriedly pushed John B away from them as Rafe started surging towards the three of them.

"JOHN B GO!" Sydney gave him another push, triggering the boy to actually start sprinting away, as Rafe collided with the two girls. The both of them and Ward tried desperately to hold him back as John B made a run for it. 

Gunshots started firing off at all directions, Ward screaming Sarah's name and Rafe not giving a care in the world on where the bullets were going.

Sydney was really wishing she didn't get inside the Twinkie with John B now.

Ward got ahold of Rafe as Sydney quickly made her way to Peterkin, grasping at the cops shirt to turn her over, checking anywhere for a pulse or somehow a heartbeat. But there was nothing. It was all....still

"I'm sorry..." She sobbed, still trying to check for any sign of life from the woman on the ground, "I'm so sorry." She failed to notice her blonde friend crouch down beside her as well, both of them weeping over the Sheriff. 

"Shut up!" Sydney heard Ward yell, looking up to see him make his way towards the two girls. 

"Girls-"