Chapter 3

A/N: Thanks again for reading! I really appreciate it! I'd love to know what you guys think. This is my first fic so seeing you guys liking it makes me happy :) Comment or come talk to me on tumblr - inlovewithlovez. Enjoy!

--

Camila felt her eyes widen and brim with tears. She slowly turned her head to look at Lauren, her mouth open slightly in shock.

"What?" was all that the brown-eyed girl managed to squeak out, hoping what she just heard wasn't true.

But Lauren didn't respond. She couldn't look over at Camila and risk the younger girl seeing the tears that were already welling in her own eyes. She knew she fucked up. Ally had been right. Her own words played back in her mind over and over again. She'll find out sooner or later, I guess. She just would have never guessed it would be so soon. Shit.

"Laur," Camila pleaded one more time, her voice cracked before she could even say the girl's full name. She knew she had only known the girl for one day. She knew she had no right to be upset. She and Lauren were nothing. Then why did it feel like her entire world was slipping out from under her?

Before Camila had any more time to think, Dinah grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She noticed Lauren flinch by her side at the sudden movement.

"We have to go," Dinah said quickly. "I forgot I have some homework I have to finish before tomorrow." She pulled Camila towards the house.

Ally knew what was going on. She knew Lauren had messed up and led this innocent girl on. She had tried to stop it, but she couldn't. She tried to save Camila from this mess. As the two best friends walked away, she felt guilty.

And then Camila and Dinah were gone.

"Way to drop the bomb like that, Lauren," was all Normani said once the two best friends had left. She knew the other girls thought she was completely oblivious to the whole thing, but she wasn't. She saw the way the two girls interacted throughout the day. Lauren was her best friend and had been her whole life. She knew Lauren built up walls around her heart, not letting anyone in. That was her thing, she had to be the strongest person she knew. But despite all of the walls, Normani had managed to scale them and see the giant heart Lauren held in her chest. She knew Lauren didn't mean to hurt anyone. That was the furthest thing from what she wanted, but sometimes her emotions overtook her logic. She knew Lauren was trying to be happy, and by god did she deserve it, but she ignored the cold hard facts of the situation - That someone would get hurt.

"What did I do?" Lauren finally spoke after a moment of silence.

--

What the fuck did she just do? Dinah thought to herself as she dragged Camila through Ally's house and out to her car. She was furious. How could one person be so damn selfish? Lauren had a fucking boyfriend and was treating Camila the way she was? Camila, the most bright-eyed, innocent girl in the entire world, who thought she might actually have a chance. Shit, Dinah thought. I was the one who told Camila to go for it.

Dinah slammed her car door shut as she sat in the driver's seat to her car. Camila had quietly climbed into the passenger seat next to her, still not saying a word. She could see the brown eyes shimmering in the dark. But this time, it wasn't because of the sparkle of happiness they usually held. Dinah watched the shimmer build, until one small tear fell from the corner of Camila's eye.

"I'm so sorry, Mila," was all Dinah managed to say before starting her car and backing out of the driveway.

The two best friends sat in silence for what seemed like hours, making their way to Camila's house. Dinah knew how Camila worked, and she would speak up when she was ready.