Chapter 20

Lauren rang the doorbell to Ally's house, standing patiently on the front porch with a large pan of homemade mashed potatoes in her hand. It was the day before Thanksgiving and Ally had decided to host a dinner with all of their friends.

It had been a week and a half since Lauren and Camila's date and things were finally looking up. Lauren's days were filled with thoughts of the brown-eyed girl and the only time her mind wasn't completely consumed by Camila, it was because the two girls were together.

They were still taking things slow, although that was completely fine with Lauren. She figured it was necessary to move a little slower than last time, considering things had been so rushed before and ended up in a terrible mess. This time, Lauren was patient. She tried her hardest to resist the urges to just lay Camila down and have her way with her. Hell, they barely even kissed more than a peck on the lips because Lauren was too scared to screw something up. But during the times they did spend together, the gentle touches and cuddles were more than enough.

The five girls had reinstated their weekly sleepovers, much to all of their delights. Even though they all went to the same school, they rarely saw each other and they used the weekends to catch up on each other's lives. Lauren used the time to catch up on cuddles with Camila, always waking up the next morning with a smile on her face and the girl she loved in her arms.

Even though Lauren had told Camila that she loved her before, she had refrained from saying it again. She wanted to wait until the time was right. She had almost let it slip one night when they were wrapped up in each other on her bed watching a movie, but caught herself before the words tumbled out of her mouth. Camila just snuggled closer to her, almost like she knew what Lauren had almost said.

Things were good, to say the least.

After what felt like an eternity of Lauren standing on Ally's porch, the shorter girl finally opened the door.

"Happy Friendsgiving!" Ally yelled with a smile on her face, clapping her hands excitedly as Lauren stepped into the house.

"Happy Friendsgiving," Lauren repeated, laughing at the human form of sunshine standing next to her.

"Thank you for coming over early, there is so much stuff to get set up still," Ally said as she rushed back towards the kitchen. "My parents left an hour ago so I've been scrambling around by myself trying to get it all ready. The turkey is almost done and then we still have to carve that up, and the casserole is still uncooked, and I haven't even started on setting the table, and-"

"Ally, breathe," Lauren said, setting her dish on the counter so she could place both hands on the shorter girl's shoulders. She watched as Ally took a deep breath and let it out, calming down slightly. "I'm here to help. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it. We still have an hour before everyone gets here, and even then, they'll all want to talk and catch up before we eat."

"You're right," Ally nodded before taking another deep breath. "Okay, so, why don't you set the table and I'll work on finishing up sweet potatoes."

Lauren agreed and placed a quick kiss on top of the shorter girl's hair before heading into the dining room to get everything set up. A tablecloth decorated in festive red and orange leaves was already on the table, but all of the plates and silverware were piled in the middle, waiting to be set up. Lauren immediately went to work.

As she set plates around the large table, Lauren couldn't keep a smile off of her face. She had realized earlier that morning that this was going to be the first holiday that she and Camila had ever spent together. Granted, it wasn't technically a real holiday, but it was close enough. Hopefully this would only be the start of more important days that the two of them would spend together.